JORBA Members?

Numbers?

MY own opinion:
What alarms me is that I see only hand full of people at a Trail maintenance between 5 to 10, and okay that's a good start. I'd really hope to see people (bodies) working not just contributing money... more & more it sounds like showing off - I'm this number and etc..

*My grand father was world war II 1942 - 1945 after never once march down main street bragging*

MY own opinion:
What alarms me is that I see only hand full of people at a Trail maintenance between 5 to 10, and okay that's a good start. I'd really hope to see people (bodies) working not just contributing money...

i think the amount of people you see out depends on the time of year, the time of the TM, and where it is. if you go to a six mile TM - you'll probably see close to 40 people show at times... but other times you'll only have 5 like you said.

i can only make TMs that start in the early morning hours, so that will limit my time personally. not everyone can make - or is honestly willing to make, every TM... sometimes you only have one day off, and you REALLY want to ride. there's nothing wrong with that.

MY own opinion:
What alarms me is that I see only hand full of people at a Trail maintenance between 5 to 10, and okay that's a good start. I'd really hope to see people (bodies) working not just contributing money... more & more it sounds like showing off - I'm this number and etc..

*My grand father was world war II 1942 - 1945 after never once march down main street bragging*

i dont see how anyone is bragging by saying when they joined jorba. a lot of people cant make it to TM sessions due to work or other obligations. but the money they contribute buys those tools that you are swinging. so both parties are very important in the grand scheme of things.

i dont see how anyone is bragging by saying when they joined jorba. a lot of people cant make it to TM sessions due to work or other obligations. but the money they contribute buys those tools that you are swinging. so both parties are very important in the grand scheme of things.
So true....everyone helps in there own way and by that it is all good....

MY own opinion:

FWIW I am a paying member of JORBA and I volunteer with TM. Nobody was "showing off" or anything until someone asked.

Took me a while.

J.O.R.B.A. ...err... Jersey Off-Road Bicycle Association! Yeah that's it!

I joined at the Bike Fest... lol. The fee paid for a really nice jersey, so I got back more than I paid instantly. I did a lots of tm before I joined. Why the delay? I don't know, it just worked out that way. Tm wise I'm in a unique situation to do alot and I enjoy it enough and am compulsive enough to keep it going. In the mean time I'm aligned with a great group (the
Allamuchy JORBA chapter) and can really roll along. Based upon the JORBA Board meeting I went to, it looks like all the chapters are winners.

Ultimately I think JORBA will go beyond tm and the great sustainable trails we're getting now.

Attention Dirtbags!!!

So you support the general cause of JORBA but your wallet is tight.

HERE is your chance to do some good and spend ZERO dollars.

Send and email to:

development@jorba.org

In the Email we want to see:

-Your Name

-Email Address

-A short description of what JORBA means to you.

-In the SUBJECT write : I WANT TO BE A DIRTBAG!

This is for anyone who has/will do any TM in NJ or just plain supports the cause. You won't be singled out as a cheapskate. This will help JORBA by growing the member base. You can always upgrade in the future but for now this will allow you to stand and be counted as a supporter of MTBing in NJ. You of course will not be considered a first class JORBA member nor will you see the benefits.

Don't forget to share this with your dirtbag friends.

Last edited:
so its kind of like being on the team but being a bat boy or water boy. i like the idea. especially in times when money is tight for just about all of us.:)

so its kind of like being on the team but being a bat boy or water boy. i like the idea. especially in times when money is tight for just about all of us.:)

Consider a way to better count the # of people supporting MTB in NJ.

u really wanna get the word out

Should post Dirt Bag level JORBA info at the Allaire trailhead board for sat/ sun rides...... Oh, wait, that's right, of the five thousand people there on sat/ sun, not one stops to even look at that board,,,, haha.
PS- I'm a card carrier, of unknown #, does that mean I can just stroll around calling people dirt bags. Also, @ next years JORBAfest, can we get shirts that say "I'm a Dirt Bag. How 'bout you?"

"Also, @ next years JORBAfest, can we get shirts that say "I'm a Dirt Bag. How 'bout you?"

Hey I'm always up for a new tee shirt

Frank must be bored, I renewed like 5 hours ago and my package is here already, Thanks Frank!!!

Frank must be bored, I renewed like 5 hours ago and my package is here already, Thanks Frank!!!

For Frank, getting out the new member packs is a labor of love. Of all the hats he wears, membership fulfillment is his self proclaimed favorite.

Back
Top Bottom