JORBA Members?

Also, a chart showing membership and donations sorta like the one red cross has on the side of the road. That would keep us all up to date about what is going on a t jORBA. I tend to hang round these parts more than the jorba site soley because this site is more active. If there is an interactive way to help jorba, I think most of us would contribute how ever possible.

Also, a chart showing membership and donations sorta like the one red cross has on the side of the road. That would keep us all up to date about what is going on a t jORBA. I tend to hang round these parts more than the jorba site soley because this site is more active. If there is an interactive way to help jorba, I think most of us would contribute how ever possible.

Agree. I knew about JORBA but not so much about the membership until this thread. BTW, just joined myself.

-Who here is a Jorba member?
(I am a member and have been carded.)

-Would you give your name as a member if it was no cost to you?
(yes I would.)

-What does JORBA mean to you??
(see ken's reply this more or less sums it up)

also this is the first club I joined that did not require a blood sacrifice :)

-Who here is a Jorba member? Just joined

-Would you give your name as a member if it was no cost to you? I'd rather pay if it means it will help that much more. Hell, the membership I just did was overall cheaper than a day on the hill snowboarding w/ lift ticket and lunch and I'll get more days on the bike on local trails than I will all season riding my snowboard.

-What does JORBA mean to you? Not sure just yet but there's a saying amongst DJ trail builders that might be able to crossover for XC trails: "No Dig, No Ride" I'm a firm believer in helping build the local trails so you can ride them.

-Who here is a Jorba member? Just joined

-Would you give your name as a member if it was no cost to you? I'd rather pay if it means it will help that much more. Hell, the membership I just did was overall cheaper than a day on the hill snowboarding w/ lift ticket and lunch and I'll get more days on the bike on local trails than I will all season riding my snowboard.

-What does JORBA mean to you? Not sure just yet but there's a saying amongst DJ trail builders that might be able to crossover for XC trails: "No Dig, No Ride" I'm a firm believer in helping build the local trails so you can ride them.

There was talk at the meeting yesterday of a JORBA built set of DirtJumps in the works.

Keep an eye out.

My hope is that with the success of a JORBA backed Skills area and Dirtjump park, that we might see them all across NJ.

I believe I was once a paid member. I have not been in a number of years.

I agree that $20 is not much to ask. Unfortunately, I have about a dozen organizations each asking for their own membership fee. At some point, I have to draw the line. Some memberships are required in order to participate in events. At this time, I just pay those that are required.

While I am not a JORBA member, I am more than happy to offer my payment in the form of volunteer hours. I especially appreciate that JORBA provides the opportunity to give back to the sport that I enjoy.

1. Yup
2. Yup
3. JORBA means better and more places to ride. It won't happen w/out somebody leading...

There was talk at the meeting yesterday of a JORBA built set of DirtJumps in the works.

Keep an eye out.

My hope is that with the success of a JORBA backed Skills area and Dirtjump park, that we might see them all across NJ.

J - would really love to see that. If there is anything I could help with please let me know.

I believe I was once a paid member. I have not been in a number of years.

I agree that $20 is not much to ask. Unfortunately, I have about a dozen organizations each asking for their own membership fee. At some point, I have to draw the line. Some memberships are required in order to participate in events. At this time, I just pay those that are required.

While I am not a JORBA member, I am more than happy to offer my payment in the form of volunteer hours. I especially appreciate that JORBA provides the opportunity to give back to the sport that I enjoy.

Ben,

It is my belief that you have earned your place in JORBA by the amount you give back to cycling in NJ. The same same goes for your daughter Emily.

If the dirtbag Free membership goes into play I am sure that you will both be counted.

You are on the short list...

J - would really love to see that. If there is anything I could help with please let me know.

Don thanks for the show of suppoort. Based on other posts you have made, you have been on the short list of people to contact regardinghte Skills Project.

Oh BTW,

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Primarily for advocacy, nice to know there is a like minded groupof people out there, and just so I can say I knew Frank Harms back in the day!!!

It's odd to hear that people have not heard about the JORBA membership from this site. One of the primary reasons we created the "Advocacy & Access" forum is to increase JORBA awareness and help promote trail maintenance sessions. Here is a link to a sticky regarding JORBA's open membership: http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2446

If the links are outdated, please let me know and I will update them.

Member #32 (I will renew later today)...

become a JORBA member

-Who here is a Jorba member?
YES! As of today.
I think I held off becoming a JORBA member because I didn't know how mtb'ing will fit in long term and because I didn't fully understand the work that JORBA was responsible for (pretty much all our riding spots:eek:). Attending that meeting yesterday really opened my eyes how much time, work and volunteerism goes into the organization.

Note: I am mentioning this in case some of you had similiar technical difficulties with becoming a JORBA member. It failed when I was directed to paypal after filling out the form. I logged out of everything and clicked on manage your membership on the left side of JORBA page, logged in, and then ordered my membership and it successfully directed me to paypal.
-Would you give your name as a member if it was no cost to you?
Yes, I would but too late now as I am a paying member. I think mtbnj and jorba should callabo and work together on this. To me I see them as the same thing (both pushing to further NJ mtb'ing). More members mean more power. And I doubt either organization hopes they have more members than the other. Everyone posting on mtbnj should get a mass email (or a STICKY) requesting they become a JORBA member and all they need to do is just click on a link and sign up. New members joining mtbnj should receive a link to join JORBA in their confirmation email.
-What does JORBA mean to you??
Read the JORBA mission.
http://www2.jorba.org/index.php?title=About_Us

Last edited:
As one of the "membership guys" at JORBA, I want everyone to know that I am super stoked about this thread. Thanks J and everyone who has chimed in. We WILL be taking your feedback and revamping things. The unpaid membership level is something we have been throwing around ever since we opened paid memberships, and it will be implemented very soon. It will not be called Dirt Bag, that name is taken :D

Ben touched on a great point regarding TM hours. We have some awesome trail maintenance initiatives coming for the 09 season, one of which deals directly with TM hours and membership levels.

My one suggestion is to make the "join" link painfully obvoius when you go to jorba.org. I went to see what the basic membership level was and had to click at least 3 times. It should probably be right there. Maybe top of the link at the left? I would also put it in several locations on the page...top, side, bottom - leave no room for missing it. JMO.

Back
Top Bottom