JORBA Members?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Also, I don't think some people realize how many parks JORBA helps out with and how many good parks NJ has in general. For instance, I am from central PA (York) and even though there is a huge amount of open space/woods/farmland, there were only two larger/parks worth riding within 30 min of my house. Within a half hour of my house here, I have 4 or 5 parks and extend it to an hour and that number more than doubles. Support JORBA to keep these parks going!

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
1) Yes, #41
2) Yes
3) For advocacy and to keep our trails alive. Originally I joined to hopes to help support getting some trails in Hunterdon. I had just moved out here from Monmouth (which has a fabulous park and trail system -which JORBA helps with). Hunterdon has lots of open space but almost nothing in terms of trails, except RV which is State. I'm sure when the day comes that Hunterdon gets more trails, JORBA will be at the root of it.

Mick714

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Funding JORBA

I have to agree with Ken this is a great thread

As the Treasurer and Grants Administrator for JORBA I can't thank the paying membership enough.
Let me explain...Our first RTP grant was awarded to us in 2001 The RTP grants are performance based by that I mean we have to purchase the items (tools) and submit an invoice for re-payment. Early on JORBA had limited funds and the 2001 RTP grant was not executed until 2005 at that time we didn't have enough funding to do quantity purchases. This left us to purchase items at a higher price while also incurring extra shipping costs. We had to place multiple orders and wait to be reimbursed before doing our next purchase. Last year we purchased over $45,000.00 worth of tools for use on the trails in NJ. With a year and a half of membership funding we were still limited in our ability to buy everything we had grant funding for at one time and the purchasing took most of the year to accomplish. This year JORBA had its first festival we received funding in advance from several sponsors and yet if we had more cash on hand it would have made the task easier for the organizing committee.

Most of us would not think twice about spending $25 on a shiny new part for our bikes Why not $25 to help with the purchase of tools to maintain the trails we ride.

Thanks for all of your support
Mick
JORBA / SMART

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
i left my wallet in my car, ill be signing up soon, clothes + stickers = :)
now when i goto a TM i wont feel guilty using volunteer tools :)

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was at the Jorba meeting today and I was startled to find out how many members they have signed up.
SO..
-Who here is a Jorba member?
-Would you give your name as a member if it was no cost to you?
-What does JORBA mean to you??
j-

You are a genius! ;)
C'mon you cheap bastards. Don't post saying your going to join/renew, post saying you did join/renew.:p

-Just renewed, member #65
-I would not give my name to any organization that would have me as a member:D
-JORBA to me is more than a $25 donation, for me I am extremely grateful to people dontating there time to promote MTBing in NJ. I try to get in at least 3 TM's a year.

Wobbegong

Its great to see that this thread is getting some new people to become JORBA members. Lets keep it going!

Thanks to all who support our cause.

JP.

fit4life

I joined a few days ago

Stickers and a shirt

Love what they stand for. Looking forward to helping out any way I can.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Yes, great thread indeed. I am a member and in from the inception. I love riding here in NJ and hope to keep that going.

Great feedback. Keep it coming in. I would love to see the volunteer dirtbag membership as well. The membership is not just about money, it is about support. Thanks to all that have joined and volunteered!

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I have to agree with Ken this is a great thread

As the Treasurer and Grants Administrator for JORBA I can't thank the paying membership enough.
Let me explain...Our first RTP grant was awarded to us in 2001 The RTP grants are performance based by that I mean we have to purchase the items (tools) and submit an invoice for re-payment. Early on JORBA had limited funds and the 2001 RTP grant was not executed until 2005 at that time we didn't have enough funding to do quantity purchases. This left us to purchase items at a higher price while also incurring extra shipping costs. We had to place multiple orders and wait to be reimbursed before doing our next purchase. Last year we purchased over $45,000.00 worth of tools for use on the trails in NJ. With a year and a half of membership funding we were still limited in our ability to buy everything we had grant funding for at one time and the purchasing took most of the year to accomplish. This year JORBA had its first festival we received funding in advance from several sponsors and yet if we had more cash on hand it would have made the task easier for the organizing committee.

Most of us would not think twice about spending $25 on a shiny new part for our bikes Why not $25 to help with the purchase of tools to maintain the trails we ride.

Thanks for all of your support
Mick
JORBA / SMART

Mick, we missed you at the meeting. Hope you are feeling better. I wanted to thank you in person, as well as here, for all the behind the scenes work you do to keep JORBA moving ahead. The folks who know how much work is involved ( the paperwork and time involved in just the RTP grants alone equal a full time job) greatly appreciate all you do for us. To the members/board members, and the MTB community at large that I have spoken to, , you are considered a true unsung hero. Again, Thank You Mick. Hope to see you on a ride soon. Oh yeah,.... J's questions. 1) #88. 2) yes, but I try to give of my time and money (as much as reality allows). 3) + another 1 on Ken's answer. Getting to ride and do great things during TM sessions, with a "group of like minded folks"? Hanging out after a ride for a BS session and a beer after. I can think of few other things I would rather be doing. (NOTE: Beer optional.)

Last edited:

Frank

Sasquatch
1) Carrying card #5
2) yes
3) When I first heard of JORBA I had no idea what they did but I knew they supported mtbing, fast forward a few years and I found out first hand. Everyone at JORBA works extremely hard to help secure our user groups future.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's official I've joined this very special club by the way who is are founder (Sarha Frost)? I remember how active she was back in day.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
Who here is a Jorba member?

im not currently a jorba member but plan to be shortly.

-Would you give your name as a member if it was no cost to you?

not until i get my hands dirty this season at TM and feel ive earned it.

-What does JORBA mean to you??

over the last year since i started riding trails have gone from weekend fun to a second home for me. last season by luck of the draw i wasnt able to make a single TM day due to either work or other obligations. ive always appreciated everything that jorba has done but after riding in the wintertime this year and seeing what the inconsiderate riders do by tearing up the trails ive gotten downright angry about it. i plan on putting everything i can into TM this year and volunteer anywhere i can. gas is cheap so i have no excuse to go and help out even if its not my home riding area. giving back is what its all about in 2009!

Frank

Sasquatch
It's official I've joined this very special club by the way who is are founder (Sarha Frost)? I remember how active she was back in day.

#1 Thank you and everyone else for joining.

#2 Sarah Frost was one of the founding members of JORBA and I believe she also coined the phrase "Educate, Advocate and Conserve".

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
one of the best things is riding with someone and having them comment on how nice the trails are..:)

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
one of the best things is riding with someone and having them comment on how nice the trails are..:)

I agree. During JORBAfest, my group of Beginner riders all commented on how nice the trails in Stephen were. I was quick to point out that Steve Filipponi, a volunteer, fixed up almost all of those trails. Steve, a JORBA member, logged a massive 182.5 hours of TM last year! Quite impressive. I also spoke about how JORBA volunteers do a massive amount of trail maintenance throughout all of New Jersey -- they were surprised the state didn't handle that work.

Top Bottom