What did you do TODAY for your fitness?

Got up early this morning and did 45 mins. on stationary bike and 30 mins. of strength training. Time to get my butt in gear and back into some resemblance of shape. Hope to get on the bike this afternoon for a ride, but it looks like rain about the time I get home from work per current accuweather. Will update later.

Not sure if this counts, as we're talking fitness not shape:D Unless however the gyro was particularly heavy....

My day technically started at 2:30am this morning when I did a 75' sprint out of a dead sleep to my son's room who was screaming and throwing up all over his room. This repeated every 20 minutes for at least 4 more intervals...

Cool, interval training in the wee hours of the morning. Now that is hard core stuff!

I have to say today was an awesome day. I hooked up with a couple of freinds I haven't ridden with in years and got the most serious road ride in since before the winter. I actually thought I was going to have to bail out after like 20 minutes because my legs just felt dead for some reason but eventually I got it together and we hit the hills in South Mountain, Gate Hill (Harriman) and too many to count between. I thought we were done (at least I was) when we reached upper nyack but NO. After a stop at the spoon where I would normally make a bee line for my house in 13 mi they say we are going back up through Dominican college hills and then Tweed which is a bitch of a hill. All in all ended up with 58.9 mi in 3:35. I may have to do some upper body stuff tonight just so everything can hurt equally tomorrow and balance it out.

I used to party on Tweed in high school. Now I drive past it on my commute every day. Damn.
8-mile rail trail run (7:25 pace) at lunch today. 5k race Sunday -- goal is 18:36 (6 min pace).

Today: nothing good... ate most of a box of girl scout cookies... :eek:

Tonight, I plan to spend at least an hour on the trainer try to make up for it...

I spent 2:05 and 33.65 miles riding the wonderful roads of Morris county and finishing up getting pelted in the face by sleet. For a rainy afternoon it was pretty good.

I used to party on Tweed in high school. Now I drive past it on my commute every day. Damn.
8-mile rail trail run (7:25 pace) at lunch today. 5k race Sunday -- goal is 18:36 (6 min pace).

Was feeling decent until I read this. In prep for starting racing this year trying some cross training, so went running for the first time since high school (I am 38). Did one mile in 7:09 & felt like I could go on for awhile at that pace, but didn't want to dive in too deep. Good thing because its been a couple hours now & everything hurts. I guess people who say running is TOTALLY different muscles than riding aren;t full of it. :cry:

Kinnelon to Morristown and back in a big, hilly 45 mile loop.
Perfect temps for working hard.
165 avg HR, 184 max, 6423cals?! Can't be right.
Anyway, now I really need a nap.

LOL Ian, best thing I did this year...
did NOT offer to help sell, deliver, sort, store or buy ANY GS cookies.
(Nobody else in the troop seemed to miss the work either)

I rode 16 total miles on my fixie. I tryed to be nice to my mom today by returning a blockbuster video to a hollywood video thats been out of business for 2 years. I felt like such an idiot! But now that im thinking about it, its pretty damn funny!:rofl: And a good workout.

hour of trainer intervals with a headache. Probably should have taken the night off, but I caved to peer pressure. Tommorow will do a climbing route in lambertville.

Was feeling decent until I read this. In prep for starting racing this year trying some cross training, so went running for the first time since high school (I am 38). Did one mile in 7:09 & felt like I could go on for awhile at that pace, but didn't want to dive in too deep. Good thing because its been a couple hours now & everything hurts. I guess people who say running is TOTALLY different muscles than riding aren;t full of it. :cry:

Running is much, much harder on the body than cycling. my 15-mi runs make me feel like a tough MTB race. And nothing on the bike compares to 20-milers.

Even just one mile @ 7:09 is great btw. no doubt you could add 5 or 10 at that pace with a couple months training.

Well last night was going to get out and ride, but was a little concerned about the weather. So instead I hit the stationary bike again last night for an hour of hills training. Also did 30 minutes of core training.

This morning my "biking" muscles were not up to it so I did 45 mins. on the elliptical and 30 mins. of free weights. Weather today looks great for a family ride so most likely will do that this afternoon.

Yesterday, shoulders, traps & core, 1:15 at the gym

Today: 1:00 of mind numbing base on the trainer

Back
Top Bottom