post your century rides.

liong71er

ramapo rally

did this yesterday,it was beautifull weather.
meet alot familiar faces and friends (old and new)
riding with national cycling team only can hold on to second rest stop (mileage 50th) and then ride a while with my friends from city for the rest of 30 miles.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/212835981

bikingpics2011040-2.jpg

late dawn at an cemetery near by campgaw rd

bikingpics2011045-2.jpg

my favorite number of the day

bikingpics2011046-2.jpg

fully stocked foods and drinks.
BTCNJ are the best organized bike rally in north NJ

bikingpics2011047-2.jpg

crowds of cyclist

bikingpics2011048-2.jpg

a bridge on columbia rail trail

bikingpics2011050-2.jpg

the switchback climb

Last edited:

liong71er

to ashokan reservoir.

always wanted to see this reservoir with my own eyes.america is very great nation,they built many great thing and one of them is this (altho not very big scale compare to colorado dam)
encountered lots of cyclist from many different skill riding around here.
also bikers (harley davidson bike club) thousand of them flocking this place.
i can imagine,how it would look like when autum and winter arrive.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/215723580

upon arriving in downtown new palzt,curiost i check my garmin
at mile 76 took me about 4:35:00 minutes it is becoz i'm riding non-stop from clifton.but..it took a toll on me.
after clearing mohonk climbs (cat 3) on CR 6 untill ashokan reservoir.i also drained my own energy reservoir.

one good news,..4 years ago when i first biked on my 26er MTB on route 208 from monroe,the roads condition was very bad.
but,.yesterdays was awesome.
they'ved paved almost entire lenght of those highway.very smooth and clean from debris and broken glass.
i think about 30mile long has been paved for about a month or less

anyway,.yesterdays route was nearly perfect for touring.lots of shoulder and also i was travel on new york designated biking route (#9,#17,#32,#207,#199)
i have no flats nor mechanical,wich i preffered.

and the best thing about biking in US is,.the public transportation is the best in the world.again train ride back home is my best choice.
so,i ride train back to city from poughkeepsie.
it only took one and half hours to get to the grand central terminal.
train was full by cyclist,wich many of them doing similiar touring like meself.
and seem like,conductors knows these as a norm they also nice and polite.

bikingpics2011121-1.jpg

water level was low today

bikingpics2011095.jpg

bikingpics2011092-2.jpg

bikingpics2011119-1.jpg

twin pump house

bikingpics2011078-1.jpg

this is the way i say "i'm tired,but content"

bikingpics2011089-2.jpg

bikingpics2011090-2.jpg

the dam

bikingpics2011065-1.jpg

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
awesome ride liong .. this train-back thing is making me curious .. opens up a whole new dimension to riding centuries

liong71er

i like train ride as my final resort.:)

it's def doable century ride route for you.
since you live only a stone throw from city.
just get off on harlem 125th street station
then take that 125th to greenway..

stoked

Hey Liong,

these pics are for you buddy. I did not have time to take more pics during each stage because we had to meet a minimum 15km average speed for each day. Otherwise we get kicked out of ranking. It seems pretty easy but on day 3 I think I climbed about 35-40 miles. Some of the descents were just sick over 15 miles long with just hairpins.

I can't seem to attach more than 5 pics but there are many videos and pics at the site ( hauteroute.org ).

Here is the only century day ride from the event but any one of the days were harder than my usual local century rides (except for day4 , 14km Alpe D'Huez time trial)

http://app.strava.com/rides/19864123

HT1.jpg HT2.jpg

ht3.jpght4.jpg

ht5.jpg

This is at top of Col du Glandon I believe where last 2-3 miles never dropped below 11%. I was taking a nature break on side of the road and noticed this huge bike when I turned my head around.

Last edited:

stoked

Few more pics.

HT6.jpg
The highest paved road in Europe at peak of Col De Bonette.

HT7.jpg

Day 1 in Geneva, start line.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
holy crap, that is fantastic .. gotta go do something like that one day .. i've seen that bike statue on tour de france broadcast, i think

liong71er

wow..amazing.thats totally cool pics i bet it is very hard to riding there
thanks for sharing with us here.
i felt like being there already:)

liong71er

365 miles

i put a loop rode out from my apartment,took 4 days to complete and spent 3 night in "hotel california":)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/223076659

route
clifton-lackawanna cut-off -stroudsburgh-(passing thru many small town until reaching wind gap-ride on D&L rail trail from white haven-jim thorpe-north hampton-bath-bethlehem-ride D&R canal tow path from new hope-trenton-new brunswick (then jump onto six mile run)-route 27-newark-clifton.

roads consist about 45% the rest is on rail trails and tow path only 1% on mtb trail.

DSCN2263.jpg

easton,..where the heck is cannondale?

DSCN2097.jpg

lehigh river..a mile away from downtown jim thorpe,PA

DSCN2004.jpg

liong

Last edited:

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Awesome Liong!

And I was just feeling tired from 350 miles in 8 days - I am such a wuss!
Hotel California? Sounds like fun. Were you able to use any of those leads from Steve for lodging?

JohneeOxford

Shop: Marty's, H-Town
Shop Keep
Ah, I thought that was you... I passed you right near the gate on the Sussex branch right before Cranberry Lake... was on my way to work. Super loop man! Wish I had the time to get some miles like that in.

liong71er

Ah, I thought that was you... I passed you right near the gate on the Sussex branch right before Cranberry Lake... was on my way to work. Super loop man! Wish I had the time to get some miles like that in.

i was thinking it might be you,..after we passes each other.small world huh?

sandie,..unfortunately,i don't have the courage to do so!!
and surprisingly,i did not feel tired or sore what so ever,probably becoz i put thousand of mileage before doing this ride:)

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That is just amazing, I have been on just about all the same areas on a bike at one point or another.

The Kalmyk

Liong, You should really consider doing "Crush The Commonwealth"... I realize some people don't plan that far out but I will be doing it this coming year... The company would great... The guy who runs it is Eric McKeegan from Dirt Rag... Here is the link to the official blog as well as a link to CtC FAQ...

http://ctcpa.blogspot.com/

http://danieljblumenfeld.com/CtCFAQ.html

As it gets closer, reach out to me and let me know if your down

Spencer

Last edited:
Top Bottom