post your century rides.

was in the mood for a sausage and peppers today:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/92884175

my 2nd 100 miler to the shore from pa. first one went thru trenton. bad roads. bad cars. today i cut inland at lambertville. more climbing but it was enjoyable. scenic, nice cars, a few bike lanes. good stuff. until rt 35 by the shore (between point pleasant and seaside). that road jsut isnt any fun and the ridiculous headwind didnt help either.

Last edited:
Went up to Bear Mtn today with 4 friends today. We hit hills on Harriman park first and then climbed Perkins Drive in Bear Mtn park. My di2 battery died on the way back few miles after awesome downhill, coming down bear mtn(forgot to check it last night) so saved my 50 shifts on rear der. for steepest hills(when battery is about to die, the front der stops working and you get 50 shifts in back to get home). Rode single speed most of the way back. I also had to boot a nasty cut on my rear tire with a tube patch to make it home. Ultremo R1 is thrashed, only 300 miles on it :cry: Going back to 4000S.

Elapsed time is little under 9 hrs, not sure why it shows 15 + on garmin connect.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/93301278

I did a solo 113 miles today. These century rides are becoming addicting. I pretty much did the same route and threw in River road on the way up.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/94822653

bear-mtn062511.jpg

Banged this one out last weekend. Nice little solo ride from my house. It's essentially two separate loops I usually do but thrown together into a single ride. It was hot that day.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/96367358

Sunday I did this memorable ride in the White Mountains. Stunning scenery, great company, several challenging climbs and fun descents. Filled my water bottles with unfiltered water from streams and rivers twice on this ride, something I would never do here.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/98317642

Sunday I did this memorable ride in the White Mountains. Stunning scenery, great company, several challenging climbs and fun descents. Filled my water bottles with unfiltered water from streams and rivers twice on this ride, something I would never do here.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/98317642

That second loop looks awesome! How long did it take to get there from NJ? I might drive up there next week to knock this one out!

That second loop looks awesome! How long did it take to get there from NJ? I might drive up there next week to knock this one out!

Too long. Like 7 hour drive. If you make a weekend of it, it's cool. The ride started from a friend's house and he put me up for a long weekend of bikes and beers.

Also mountain biked there in Franconia National Forrest. Holy effing fuck those trails were awesome!

Bear mountain to Alpine climb loop.

First long ride this season. Training ride for the ramapo rally 125 mile. Played it safe with my HR and speed to make sure I lasted. Glad I took it easy in the rain but paid for it when the sun came out full blast. Broke a spoke on the way to bear and got it fixed at Toga. Stopped for lunch in nyack before looping back to Garfield.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/104753405

the ghost from centuries.

the ghost from centuries was cold of expression,a quite,and cool,polite, a ghost of few words...he will slayed monster and beast that he encountered on his path aboard on his steely 29er beast......

so,..this time the ghost was riding his trusted steed acros five labyrinth into the midst of darknes storm.and the ghost was exhausted with big grin in his smily little face.
thru out his adventure in this labyrinth,the ghost also encounter another ghost from different underworld.those 13 ghost is the most gruesome and awesome but also the nicest ghost he ever met.
riding with another ghost is pretty much have sense of closeness.since these ghost all have the same passion as the ghost from cliftonite himself.

the first journey from five world that he must conquer was begin at "mahlon the great" in the heart of jefferson high ground world.
the ghost from cliftonites,set his foot out from his tomb of death at very early
right before monster great fireball start to shoot his light at his tomb.
he set out his steed wich are made from metal of strenght that he steal from land of faraway.
he name his steed "giant wheell" with 29er virgin as his protection from another 26er giant that constanly losing their ground world.

"mahlon the great" is another world dimension.it has the famous "stone gate"
when each human or ghost passed thru "stone gate" they will sended into another world the world that no one knows where it end and when are ghost or human will ever return again,even if some of them make it back.they won't be the same again they will transformed into another beast.
it is a cursed that both ghost world and human world must respected.
so,.the ghost from cliftonites.was using his magig wand to crossover "stone gate" with no harm.
bikingpics2011752.jpg

"stone gate" in mahlon the great
it was no others ghost or human creatures that he encountered when he first
landed that morning.
only locals resident "mahlon the great " appear from their hiding pit.
it took him 2 hrs to slayed all monster that he encountered in his path.

then he continued his journey to another world,wich is only 30 times of spinning "giant wheell" and 3000 times stroke of his leg.
at 9:58 (ghost time) he had reached "wawayanda the king bear"
wawayanda is ruled by monster king bear called "teddy bear" ...it's believed that king bear has power of roaring that can make their enemy go deaf.
but,.ghost from cliftonites not afraid of the king,instead he respect the king.
so,.ghost from cliftonites united with another ghost,warrior,and human join forces to conqure this world without being heard or seeing by "teddy bear"
two hrs duration..finally we all conquered and destroyed many of the evil that stand in our way and we decided to spared "teddy bear" life.
let him rule for another thousand year.

when the time struck at precisely 12:00pm the ghost must vanish from acompanied from others ghost (the 13 join forces) that are not his kind.coz..no others different ghost will understand his mind and deed.
the ghost from cliftonite,.soon will be on his way alone into another different world.as his oracle have predicted that on that day..a giant storm monster will pay her visit to his world.so..he had to beat her before she can reach him and took him away and lock up for another century.

on his way to..five different world that he must conqured.another giant monster greeted him.
oh,.no.
it was stomach monster that has been fighting his inner sanctum all this time.no wonder the ghost from cliftonite was feeling empty.
in no time to waste his energy.he soon slaying some unfortunate two legged feather creature along his path.

and then suddenly...
the giant monster make her appearence in a flash.bammm...then 10minutes latter it was gone.
leaving.the ghost slimy and wet ... and with the casualty all over her path.
the glass hour was constantly running.with each of grain of sand keep racing out and down rapidly.time is crucial now at this moment for the ghost from cliftonite.
so,.he flying down this smoothes path that human and all others machine using as their journey of eternity.within reach of wind blow soon he found himself already reach his third world.

"the jungle of doom"
this jungle are full of massive spirit that has been negleted and been locked up for almost century.nobody how it begin and how it end.only the key master know this sacred and secret place.the ghost from cliftonites soon pick up a strange sound and noise that coming from inside the jungle of doom even tho he was just standing outside the gate of doom.
and this sound can be heard only by a ghost,human can't.

now he must fulfill his destiny and faith.
the ghost must conquer all the beast inside this "the jungle doom" without mercy
and spare no soul.
but path was not easy to navigate as the path itself was also an beast.
so he use his outer armor to cleared up the beast path as he rooling.
this outer aura was called " maxxis the arden 29x2.3" as his weapon.
and in just 2hrs..all the beast was slayed.
bikingpics2011763.jpg

"the jungle of doom"

the next world is "ringwood the ringworm from north"
now,.the ghost will face another different world that are far more powerfull than the rest of other world he has conquered.
this will be the fourth and the last of five different world that he must destroy.
but first,he must face with "vanishing energy" spelled by the ringwood gate and path keeper.
this spell.will make the ghost from cliftonite feelling loss of energy (alltho not really) and also loss sense of his inner directiveness.he will not be able to tell the different of fatamorgana or the real world from apart.
when he felt this spell was so strong,he soon employ his reserve magig liquid
in hope to kill the spell and eventually make him stronger.
after he defeated the ringwood gate and path keeper for almost two hours battle time.he finally free from the spell and continued his journey.

and journey along this ringworm is trully a test of his ability to stay afloat (as a ghost you're not supposed to fly except superman..)
so,.he using his steed into floating mode.coz..he must stay away from the touch of the ringworm from the north.if..it touch.
the ghost will loss his ability to float.
the ghost from cliftonites.really have to pay for the consequences since he using too much of his floating energy.he,finally have to stop floating.
so,.he landed on a giant monster boulder that sit next to a giant ridge called "ramapo the great"

after the ghost from cliftonites regain his magig and power he soon descending "ramapo the great" into cannonbal the ballsy path.
when he reached cannonball the ballsy path..the clouds darkness start to rolling in his path.
coming of second time of giant storm monster is expected faster than the oracle said.
this time.the ghost from cliftonites have no choice other than uses his last resource power in trying to out run giant monster and clouds of darkness.

pitty..pitty
at the end of this journey.the ghost from cliftonites find himself can't escaping monster thunder storm.
however,..he did conquest all his five journey and slayed all five different world in just one journey.

the ghost's journey log: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/108519918

over hundreds centuries of jouney to fulfill his destiny in search for and epic journey of north world.
in the next journey will ghost from cliftonites slay again,..or be slayed?

the ghost from cliftonites.

Last edited:
just riding along.

bikingpics2011807.jpg

a tired cyclist is,a happy cyclist

that pic is exactly telling you how exhausted i'm from this riding in hot and humid day.it was nice and lots of breeze at 3-5 am.
highlight of my rides was:
ten minutes out of my door,i realized i don't have my rear blinky.
at 2:30am 4 kids ages between 9-10 trowing me water bottle one hit on my shoulder.i turn around then scare them off."don't you run away you little punks,i'm going to get you" i shout that word as loud as i can with some black voice in it.
then back to my apartment retrieving the blinky.the street around my neiborhood always alive with night live.teenager,adult and all sort of people who loves to party was out in all over main street in passaic.saw cops doing their duty and kids running around boys and girls (what's wrong with their parents)

from urban scene then into outskirt of town.i was riding for almost 5hrs now without stoping. at around 7am i was at washington crossing.
from there i make my way riding around penn's neigborhood.
there's a duathlon racing at nearest park at wasington croosing state park.

bikingpics2011801.jpg

GW's landing site

at 9am i'm reaching doylestown.stop at an locals diner called "back to the 5o's diner" got some pancakes and scrambles egg and cokes.
then head out continued my trip without purpose.
so basicly i just rode around those area until i get bored.
then heading back to washington crossing using different route.
altho i get lost couple of time,but..i meant to get lost anyway.

then rode back using the same routes,except i took the easier one.
"train to the rescue" i hop on the train in new brunswick station.

total 166 mile.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/112104386

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom