National Bike to Work Day and Week

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
I bike commute regularly so it was just another morning. Although it was funny to run into Viking (a member of the NYCMTB-Peak Bikes team) unloading his car near the base of the Queensboro Bridge after a morning ride at Cunningham.

For a city of 8.3 million people, it sure does feel like a small town, sometimes... ;)

J&J Holdin it down

We're organizing a 'critical mass' ride to J&J Raritan from different directions, on Wed and Fri including a "park 'n pedal" option for folks who live a great distance from the office. 2 of the routes will incorporate the D&R Canal, converging at Manville (from either direction), after which we'll navigate through Manville out to a short section of 206... A little out of the way, but a commute on the Canal is golden.

Have a blast!
BB

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'm off today, but I stopped by the shop during my ride so it's sorta like I commuted to work:popcorn:

-Jim.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Im not used to roadies waving at me. :popcorn:

I'm not really a roadie
1287.gif

-Jim.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
glad to see some people riding in that normal don't...just another day for me and tomorrow looks good but wednesday might get derailed, we will see.

gtluke

The Moped
holy fuck i think i'm dying.
commute to work + marty's advanced ride at split rock = painful death
can't wait to wake up tomorrow and ride to work again! haha

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
holy fuck i think i'm dying.
commute to work + marty's advanced ride at split rock = painful death
can't wait to wake up tomorrow and ride to work again! haha

your day yesterday is a perfect example of why I hate biking to work. "luke you want to ride split rock tonight?" "um I dont have a car here, can you come get me?"

gtluke

The Moped
i rode in again today, barely. not sure if i can make it home. god do those mountain tires just jack all your energy

boris_159

I take online classes from home. I guess I will have to do my part and ride to the bar every day. Can't get a DUI on a bike right?

John Baumann

Can't get a DUI on a bike right?

Oh yes you can...

No ride to work today for me... I need the gaping hole in the top of my jaw from the wisdom tooth that was yanked yesterday to close up enough for me to rattle my other teeth on the trails after work today.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I take online classes from home. I guess I will have to do my part and ride to the bar every day. Can't get a DUI on a bike right?

you might be... mind you, i found this on the internets... so take it for what its worth:

http://www.njcriminaldefenselawblog.com/2008/12/articles/driving-a-bicycle-while-intoxicated/

POSTED ON DECEMBER 20, 2008 BY JOHN MARSHALL
Driving a Bicycle While Intoxicated

Almost everyone in New Jersey knows what a DWI is - but a BWI or bicycling while intoxicated? Well it is true, the offense does exist and last week a Sea Girt police officer arrested a bicyclist for the offense. The cyclist allegedly fell on his bike while stopped at a road crossing and the incident was witnessed by the arresting officer. An ensuing investigation revealed a rather intoxicated bicyclist and resulted in summonses for DWI and an assortment of disorderly persons offenses.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Ok, I rode to work today too. I'm kinda ambarrassed I do not do it more often as it is only 5 miles away. Part of my job and daily chores involves some stops, post office, bank, grocery store, so all it takes is a planning ahead a few days. This has been good for me to do. I do NOT need to go to the grocery store everyday :rolleyes:.

I took my road dos SS today, and it worked great in the light gearing. I have this tight twisty hill right by my house that keeps me off the main roads. I was nearly stalling with the 40x18, but after that the ride was a breeze, and a really nice change of pace. I'll be heading home soon, and I hope to do this again.

wingers

Im riding from Lambertville to Trenton twice this week hopefully. Taking canal path but will need to get off around Sullivan Way and West State. Should be interesting. Riding a Specialized Cyclocross. If anyone riding in this way let me know.
Hey dirtybert you riding in this week on that sweet new cannondale!:hmmm:

Top Bottom