National Bike to Work Day and Week

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Next week, the week of May 11th - May 15th is bike to work week and Friday is National Bike to Work Day. For those of you that on the fence if riding to work can work for you, next Friday is your day to try it out!

So break out you fixie or beater, grab you paneers or messanger bag and get on it. A cycling cap sans helmet, tight fitting knickers and a scruffy beard are optional.

For one day it won't be so bad!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm calling everyone out. Tell me why you can't ride to work. I'll come up with a solution.

BTW: I rode to work this morning. It was wet.

I'm working from home next Friday. I work in the basement. I'm not too keen on riding my bike down the steps.

ellbiddy

I just found a new route to work that's much safer than my previous 2. Go me. Also incorporated it into my "normal loop"

rlb

My GF lives within riding distance, I've been tossing around the idea of riding in on Fridays anyway. I guess next week will be the test!

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i'm thinking of doing this, but driving halfway to work or so to avoid some sans shoulder heavy-traffic roads.

i think i would get crushed on north mountain ave anyway, both physically and cardiovasuclarlrulrrlryrlrly. the road has absolutely no shoulder, lots of truck traffic and its a beast of a climb. by hillcrest road i think i would be having a conversation with my lungs while they walk along next to me. hillcrest also has no shoulder and heavy truck traffic.

i think i would drive to the great swamp and start from there to take meyersville to fairmount rd through chatham.

this is the whole route i would have to bike one way:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....797957,-74.302254&spn=0.071343,0.154495&z=13

rlb

Uh...Why not tomorrow?

I'd like to get started on a nice day. I have no shower options here either, so I need to see if I can make it work on a normal day w/o turning myself into a complete mess.

John Baumann

I'm in...

For at least Monday and Friday.
North Arlington to Parsippany; Bloomfield Ave and Route 46:confused:. 19 miles each way according to Mapquest's walking route.
The sweaty and stinkin' part is no problem either; they're accustomed to me that way at work already.:D

John Baumann

in "bad" urban areas, just don't stop for anything and keep riding. the likely hood of someone trying to bike jack you while you are moving is high unlikely.

While that's true, Five-O is likely to be curious what your business in the 'hood is.:getsome:

gtluke

The Moped
I can ride to my office, and have. But I can't ride to the jobsite, too far and I have to carry too much equipment. Hopefully I have enough office work to do that I can ride in a few days. I just hope I don't get field calls during the day, otherwised I'm screwed.

antgold

riding to work

After relocating to NJ last year I found myself renting house 1.5 miles from work , since the rental was a bit high I have decided to cut cost and have only one car.

I was sure with winter approaching and temp drops, I will break and buy a second Car - but having the right equipment I passed the winter fairly easy , even when going home in the dark at 25 F ...

the only occasions I left the bike in the garage are in rainy days and when the road are icy .

on weekends - whenever my wife needs the car - and I want to ride , I'm, going to Hartshorne on my bike (10 mile one way )

so I think nextweek I will celebrate and go to work with my Car :D

xc62701

I'll be riding 1 or 2 days next week. 25+ miles each way. Too bad the morning commute is all uphill. I'd have more fun if it was after work.

Top Bottom