National Bike to Work Day and Week

It didn't happen and it ain't happening tomorrow. I have many excuses, the main one of which is that I suck.

you have valid excuses, the main being that it would end up being a PITA. Tell your company to install a shower....:rolleyes:

This is the first week I have ridden in everyday.

I'm skipping "bike to work" day today.:popcorn:

My excuse, it's dumb. I've ridden my bike to work 300+ days a year for the last 3 years. There shouldn't be a "day" or a "week" celebrating it. The people that are gonna do it are already doing it. The only benefit may be for the 5-boro-bike-walk people who now have a 2nd time of the year they ride:popcorn:

-Jim.

The only benefit may be for the 5-boro-bike-walk people who now have a 2nd time of the year they ride:popcorn:

Yes, I can't wait to see how crowded the Queensboro Bridge is today with once-a-year bike commuters.

I'd take the subway today, but could probably use a few extra miles in the legs for Sunday, and commuting is the only weekday training I tend to get...

The wife put the kabosh on my ride plans. I have to be home at 5:30 today which I can't do if riding home.

Only two commute days this week because Kush sucks. ;)

Last edited:
If you ride on a day that you work from home does that count?:hmmm:
Always thinking.

The wife put the kabosh on my ride plans. I have to be home at 5:30 today which I can't do if riding home.

That's a big "can't" from the guy who only says "can"! There HAS to be a way! ;)

5 days of commuting this week for me too. Trying to make up for last week when I only got two days in due to rain.

Saved $20 in subway fares this week.

Irrespective of my suck-dom, I agree that every week should be ride to work week in spirit.

So I'm going to do this at least once next week (baby steps).

Also petitioning for a shower in-house, making some in-roads. I may have to tap our offshore accounts for this.

I would love for work to install a shower here, but being a construction site we're lucky to not have to use the porta-potty outside so I doubt I'll push my luck. I also suck big time I did not commute at all this week, but I cannot push myself to roll through Trenton at dark with my company laptop on my back.

I had every intention of riding in today, but I didn't sleep very well last night so I decided to work from home today.

...but I cannot push myself to roll through Trenton at dark with my company laptop on my back.

Do you work next to a crack house or something? I ride through Trenton on occasion and don't think it is that bad. Who are you concerned about a 4:30am on a Friday morning?

Thinking about it further, I've gone by some questionable areas and just don't see the problem. I've biked near Sovereign Bank Arena, Trenton Central H.S., State House, Mercer hospital, along the canal, etc. I may be naive but I never felt in danger. I see the same stuff in New Brunswick and on Witherspoon St. in Princeton.

Well I'll say this where I would have to ride through I've seen drug busts go down while driving through at this time of the morning no to mention people "hanging" out outside that don't look savory.

Back
Top Bottom