my public statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
My "man" is finally thawed out, and he wasn't happy, though I must say that my chest cold and head congestion is gone. I'd like to add also that Jim G. was along for the "when hell freezes over" tour, and if anyone has balls the size of Gibraltor it would be him. We actually rode past his house at the 2+ hour mark, and if it was my house I would've been history. We started out in Rockaway and ended up over Schooley's Mt., down in Califon or Tewksbury, and rolled out through Chester back over to Randolph, crossed Rt. 10 near Roxbury, and headed back towards Rockaway, a truely epic day.

My "man" is finally thawed out, and he wasn't happy, though I must say that my chest cold and head congestion is gone. I'd like to add also that Jim G. was along for the "when hell freezes over" tour, and if anyone has balls the size of Gibraltor it would be him. We actually rode past his house at the 2+ hour mark, and if it was my house I would've been history. We started out in Rockaway and ended up over Schooley's Mt., down in Califon or Tewksbury, and rolled out through Chester back over to Randolph, crossed Rt. 10 near Roxbury, and headed back towards Rockaway, a truely epic day.

you rode pretty much from where i used to live (in boonton twp) to where i live now (succasunna/chester border) and back. nice.

well, this morning was my first ever spin class. there are a number of people in line at this very moment at my old gym just waiting to kick my @ss. i had said repeatedly, during my hardcore powerlifter days, that if i ever did a spin class, someone should beat me. welp, that time has come.

anyway, it was interesting "waking up" to the village people and "it's fun to stay at the YyyyyyyyyyyyyMCAaaa-a" let alone on a spin bike. the class was, eh, ok. i confirmed that i broke one spin bike already and added a second to the list. apparently when you crank the tension down to the point of no return, it will click, also known as break. no more tension. oh well.

at any rate, the class was mildly challenging, and i'll continue to go twice a week to the formal class (along with twice to lift/ride until i get my winter gear from my folks) just to make sure i'm getting my time in...but the workouts that i put myself through on the bike are FAR more punishing than the class. as soon as it gets warm enough (or light enough) to ride in the morning, i fully expect to be riding four mornings a week with shaggz at KVSP. hear that buddy? now i'm calling YOU out. :D

Last edited:
i fully expect to be riding four mornings a week with shaggz at KVSP. hear that buddy? now i'm calling YOU out. :D

Bring it on, Rusty! :getsome:

This is my year - I'm earning my way off that anchor poaition. BTW - this fat bastard just broke the sub 200 barrier, so watch out. Down 7.6 pounds already.

got a taste of what's its like to work for a living today. been in NYC all day and man do NOT miss this. sitting on the bus trying to get back to the howard blvd park-n-ride. I dunno if there is enough tea in china to make me fo this everyday again. at least tomorrow is thursday. spinning @ 6:00 am. nuttin' but fun. :D.

i did it for four year and that was PLENTY. i really shouldn't complain, i mean i go in usually once a week. BUT, i simply can't imagine doing that every day again. i'm spoiled now. WAYYYYYYYYY spoiled.

so, another spin class this am- 45 min or so. the woman who taught the class this am was insane. after about 20 minutes i found myself thinking 'i wish she would stop this climbing nonsense so i can sit the hell down'...then i thought about how great it was going to feel to see heythorp stuggling to keep up with me and that was all i needed. :D

so, another spin class this am- 45 min or so. the woman who taught the class this am was insane. after about 20 minutes i found myself thinking 'i wish she would stop this climbing nonsense so i can sit the hell down'...then i thought about how great it was going to feel to see heythorp stuggling to keep up with me and that was all i needed. :D
I've done spin classes over the years in several different places, usually when we're on vacation and I don't have a bike, and they never fail in having us do some zany sequence or another.

When we were in Florida last year, I did a class which heavily featured the "stand up/sit down/stand up" routine, at rapid-fire speed. It was pretty comical, because it bears NO resemblance to anything one would do when actually riding a bike. I quickly found myself doing every other repetition, in the interest of not having my kneecaps fly off and hit the wall. But the workout was a gas, I left a big puddle of sweat all over the bike and the floor, and the group had a good laugh at my silly cycling clothes.

i don't really understand the whole "jumping" thing. i could see doing it like every 10 seconds or something to really simulate climbing but the 'up for two, down for two' thing is just stooooopid.

well, another day at the gym, another day on the spin bike.

so far the score is fat-arse me 3, spin bikes zero. and my wife wonders why i don't ride our stationary "like those bikes at the gym". well, b/c it would be in many more pieces than it is now, that's why.

next week i'm going to try to bring it up a notch, get to the gym four days putting me on the spin bike at least four and hopefully once an actual bike.

you broke 3 spin bikes? shouldn't your superego kick in at some point and say, huh - maybe i should take it easy on this equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom