my public statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's

yeah, pretty much

i am having a hard time imagining that my and your potential target weights are the same. good lord this is scary

i honestly don't think 185 is realistic....possible, but not realistic or likely. like i said, my body fat would be WAYYYYYYYYYYYY low. scary low actually. the fact that i'm going to continue lifting will probably keep me from getting below 200. so, i would say 190-195 is probably the realistic bottom line number. any less and i'd have to drop muscle mass. not happening.

heythorp

steve 185 is goal? i did not know what your target or if you had one was.

How tall are you and where are you at now? I know you said you and you wife were making life style changes. Are you to the point yet of counting calories in and out?

I am always interested to hear people's plan.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Highlights:

Target weight: 180 (would like to go even lower)
October 05: 180 (after coming back from Grand Canyon)
Thanksgiving Morning 06: 198
Beginning of January 07: 206.6
This Morning: 200
Height: 5' 11"

For the past several years I have been at 185 plus or minus 3 pounds. While the 180 from october is a phantom number because of the diet and rigors of the backpacking trip, I still had an almost 27 pound fluctuation over 14 months :scared:. This kind of crept up on me because of job and lifestyle changes really slowed me down.

Basically, this is the reason why I have been pestering eveyone on the board with my questions about training programs and nutritional intake, and saying my goals aloud, because it helps me keep this stuff in the front of my mind. I re-started counting calories as of January 1, using www.fitday.com, and have been below 2000 calories a day since then, with a clsoe to 50/25/25 carb/prot/fat caloric intake.

I am down 6.6 pounds since I started with some weight flux in the very beginning (may have been attributed to water retention). My goal is to be to 185 by May 1, which is about 1 pound per week. This should coincide with the beginning of the real biking season, and hopefully I can shed the last 5-6 pounds over the summer.

Last edited:

heythorp

Highlights:

Target weight: 180 (would like to go even lower)
October 05: 180 (after coming back from Grand Canyon)
Thanksgiving Morning 06: 198
Beginning of January 07: 206.6
This Morning: 200
Height: 5' 11"

For the past several years I have been at 185 plus or minus 3 pounds. While the 180 from october is a phantom number because of the diet and rigors of the backpacking trip, I still had an almost 27 pound fluctuation over 14 months :scared:. This kind of crept up on me because of job and lifestyle changes really slowed me down.

Basically, this is the reason why I have been pestering eveyone on the board with my questions about training programs and nutritional intake, and saying my goals aloud, because it helps me keep this stuff in the front of my mind. I re-started counting calories as of January 1, using www.fitday.com, and have been below 2000 calories a day since then, with a clsoe to 50/25/25 carb/prot/fat caloric intake.

I am down 6.6 pounds since I started with some weight flux in the very beginning (may have been attributed to water retention). My goal is to be to 185 by May 1, which is about 1 pound per week. This should coincide with the beginning of the real biking season, and hopefully I can shed the last 5-6 pounds over the summer.

hey good job on the -6lbs..... i think the 1lb per week is a good goal, and if you get more, good for you. I think you will see a nice drop over the first month, kind of like you have. Amost 2lbs a week. I think that will level off after the first month and then you will be closer to the 1lb per week.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jake,

True dat. Here's a funny thing. The next day, I realized I had actually missed the turn for the green trail when I went past it the first time. If I had gone the right way, chances are things would have turned out differently. But then as I said to someone else, maybe I would have been killed by a bear had I gone that way.

Steve,

2000 calories a day should get you a little more than 1 pound per week, I would think.

ryderX

Skirts or no Skirts ?

Are you guys planning on doing this "needles hill climb" challenge in your skirts or "sans" clothing ?:drooling: If you really want a challenge and had any balls at all you'd ride it backwards from the falling down barn/stone building on the gravel road and go up the wicked fun downhill and all the way around and up the backside to the radio tower. That climb is punishing...
Let the flaming begin.
P.S. my SS is geared 34X15 and my replacment knees are Ti and ceramic

ArmyOfNone

im very much curious to see what all of these climbs look like. Im working on a few upgrades to my geared bike so i can hopefully stay on the bike the whole way. Proballly still wont happen!

any dates set for this madness? or is it going to wait till the spring?

ryderX

Tomorrow at high noon works for me. Ground should be frozen, it would be a good pre-season benchmark thang. Just don't invite Maurice....
We can do it once a month and have a year end champion.
I actually have a Polka dot hill climbers jersey that I'd donate to the biggest baddest MoFo in KVSP. It's a euro cut jersey so it may not fit any of you fat bastards, but hey what do you want it's free....;)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It'll never happen. Kris just scared us away. Too bad too because I was ironing my kilt earlier this evening.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
wow. that's the kind of statement that would chap my ass if someone said it about lifting. them's the type of statements that help you work through the pain of lifting lots, and lots of weight. i'll keep the numbers out of it.

if i was actually in shape, i would show up and ride until my heart exploded.

meet you there in september?? :D

Last edited:

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
what a high of 29 and windy scaring you off the road bike?

Yeah, what he said.

ryderx,

There's a rumor going around you're going to ride a mt. bike tomorrow, say it ain't so.

ryderX

Yeah, what he said.

ryderx,

There's a rumor going around you're going to ride a mt. bike tomorrow, say it ain't so.

I heard you guys had a good time at RV today. I need a different job.
I think my highly developed sense of humor may have killed this thread...
Kirt, please tell them I was only kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom