my public statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DANSPANK

Considering I'm usually second to last up the hills only barely beating myself with a hangover I think you're all recer-types by comparison...

heythorp

I climbed the needle with this guy once. My ride was over he was just getting his bike off his car. Good guy had a nice chat, he is the one who told me he went up the gut of the hill.

Anyone know whos car this is? Rides a white trance.

DSC00009.jpg

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
One of my cronies can do KVSP route 3 almost every time.It's just hellacious.I get it maybe 25% of the time but it is total body PAIN..........

anrothar

entirely thrilled
why not do this for loops, instead of one single climb? it'll be alot easier to climb, and a much better guage of an individuals fitness. especially considering there aren't really any loooong off road climbs in the parks we normally ride. also much easier to get an accurate time.

heythorp

because this thread started about the needle and progressed to how fast people climb hills, not how fast they do loops, but yes loops are a good idea too, we can do both.

Shaggz

A strong 7
if it is the same guy i am thinking of, his name is john, probably my height and build, but not as accomplished of a rider as me.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i think you grossly underestimate some of the members this board (no offense, Norm).

not at all, i was digging at norm. that's fun. plus you fawkers hyjacked my damn thread so...

...lets talk about winter shoes. there was a write up on them in bicycling magazine.

:D

D

DANSPANK

And I'll put it back on track again then:

Yeah, I reckon Jake will kick the arse off heythrop on an SS then too!

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
today was cold. did squats in sets of 8, 10, 10, 10, 30, 30, 25, 25. trying to build up to doing 4 or 5 sets of 50 @ 135 but would like to push it up as high as possible. i think 225 may be attainable, but not for months.

hopped on the spin bike for 35 minutes doing intervals three to four minute out of the saddle high resitance "climbs" followed by two to three minute cool downs. i learned today that i don't think that spin bikes were really meant to be hammered on.

my legs are hurting.

heythorp

nice! i went for a measly 25 minute run today.

the intervals with high resistance will definitely help you climb, but i wonder about if the extra muscle you put on your legs from all the squats, will help or not.

When the body is doing a lot of cycling it wants to drop weight not add, even the top riders in the world have very small muscle mass with the exception of a few.

Will be interesting to see how much that will help you this year. I better go get a side of beef and start punching it.

SpartaBard

funny thing is those are my bikes, 3 cars over. Never got the guys name or anything, so i snapped a pic before leaving. this was months ago.

psycho... you should probably stay off of the female riders forum for a while as a precaution.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i think the high reps are going to help a lot. that type of lifting is completely opposite of what i'm used to doing. eight set of four with 450lbs, 475lbs...that's where the fun's at. this is just plain painful.

i'm not a spinner and never will be. i'm like 230. i'd like to get down to 200 and even then i'd have to drop another 70lbs to be a spinner. if i can keep up my leg strength, i'll be able to push the bike through the techy steep stuff and still have the lungs to keep going. my goal is to be on the road by end of march doing hill intervals on mountain road, which, oddly enough, goes up a mountain.

we'll see. this whole thing is more about me committing to myself than beating you up the needle. that's just the gravy.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
yeah, 230 with sneakers at the gym. on a bike with all the crap <that norm says i> carry i'm probably in the 240 range with the camel back full.

my goal is 200, but i know myself and the way i throw myself into things when i've set my mind to it so 185/195 is probably not completely out of the question. if i get that light, i'd have to have an absurly low body fat b/c with the core lifting i'm doing, i'm only going to drop a little muscle mass. should be interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom