my public statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
me and a $4000 bike.

That’s what it was at KVSP today. Me and a $4000 titus racer-x 29er. no, i didn't buy it. it's a touch outta my price range. and my wife's (although she was quick to point out that i have over $4000 worth of bikes in the garage...:hmmm:). it was only the 4th time this year that I’ve ridden a geared bike in the woods. That said I’m not sure how qualified I am to evaluate it, especially since I can hardly ride a bike as is it. I more go out and try not to crash so much. At any rate, it was a little big (at 19” the frame was 3” inches bigger than my mary) and the conditions were average at best (the white and red trails WERE pretty clear…the incoming storm will take care of that) but wow, what a fun bike. The new ’08 XT all over, lots of pretty carbon and I even liked the color. I heard that jdog rode it as well so I’m curious what his thoughts were. It had a pretty cool new wheel set on it (can’t remember the name off hand…syncros or something) in a funky white color. I think it’d clash with the mary color scheme…but maybe with blue nipples…hmmm. Anyway Coming off of a year where I pretty much rode nothing but the rigid mary, it was a real treat. It’s tough to make a good judgment call on how the bike handled b/c the conditions were so iffy and I burnt myself out pretty good in the first couple miles just tying to keep the bike going straight, but it sure was fun! :D I’d really like to ride it again this spring to see how it really handles but I remember thinking at one point “I wish my mary rode like this”. Despite the conditions, I was spoiled today. One thing I think I can say is that I like the nevegals. They really seemed to stick to the ground, maybe better than my rampages. Again, not sure if it was the bike or not but I wouldn’t mind giving these a shot when my rampages go south sometime in the next three months. The only other notable thing was that I got my trail conditions info from jeff lenosky.

So, other than that, did 22ish on the road yesterday and about 13 painful road miles on christmas eve. No idea why, but I just suffered the entire time I was on the bike so I cut it way short.

Well, it’s almost time to tie this little blog up. This was likely my last ride of 2007. all in all I’m pretty happy. next stop, my public statement, part deux. have a happy new years folks.

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
the good 'ol boys at cycle works. they're closed now 'til thursday though. if i thought i was going to do some real riding between now and then i would have kept it. if it was a size small, they'd be prying it from my cold, dead hands to get it back.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow, neat-o. Is this a demo bike? Damn I need to try this. But man, that's expensive.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Wow, neat-o. Is this a demo bike? Damn I need to try this. But man, that's expensive.
I know someone who's likely to be selling a 26" Racer X with medium-ish (non-stock) geometry and a pretty sweet parts spec...it's barely been ridden since early 2006.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know someone who's likely to be selling a 26" Racer X with medium-ish (non-stock) geometry and a pretty sweet parts spec...it's barely been ridden since early 2006.

How well do you know this guy? Is that one of those philosophical questions on the self? :)

Not actually looking to buy. You just know how it goes when you sit on a really nice bike...

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
How well do you know this guy? Is that one of those philosophical questions on the self? :)

Not actually looking to buy. You just know how it goes when you sit on a really nice bike...
Yeah, it's time for the Titus to go, methinks. Incredible bike, but it's just been sitting there. It should get a chance to be properly ridden.

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
didn't do the dock drop this time b/c the take off was back to the sketchyness of usual. i did jump the landing pad which it handled just fine. that's about a 3' drop or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom