Annoying People at Work

So it happnes again. someone leaves one drop of water in the cooler and yet I replaced it with a new jug of water. Like seriously wtf. C'mon!

But it got me thinking how does the water cooler/heater have not one single drop left and you put a new cooler in and immediately the water comes out real cold or hot again. Unless if there is some sort of reserve tank. With no cheating, does anyone know the answer to my puzzlement/boredom?

Oh yea, and it's also a mystery who the hell leaves it like that :getsome:

You never noticed how when you put the new one on it glugs a few times?

Yea. Isn't that just new water entering into the coolor. That doesn't answer why it's immediately so hot or I don't think :hmmm:

There is still water left in each hot and cold exchanger, but no water pressure to drive it through. Once you put the new bottle on top that water pressure is used to get the water out of inside the machine.

Like the trap under your sink, it's always full of water, even if the water is turned off.

There is still water left in each hot and cold exchanger, but no water pressure to drive it through. Once you put the new bottle on top that water pressure is used to get the water out of inside the machine.

Like the trap under your sink, it's always full of water, even if the water is turned off.
RIght....

The question: how is it immediately hot/cold?

Yea. Isn't that just new water entering into the coolor. That doesn't answer why it's immediately so hot or I don't think :hmmm:

Sorry Norm & Manny....Luke did a very good job of explaining what I meant by the glug....& I did a piss poor job of explaining...to me the glug was self-explanatory.

Maybe I am the annoying guy at work who you ask a question, and get an answer that makes no sense?

I just changed the water bottle. I hate when others change it without wiping off the part that touches the water. It's always so dirty.

I once got in a for real argument with an engineer I worked with (she got fired, for being dumb) who didn't understand that the water bottle isn't providing a seal against the cooler preventing the water from coming out. She thought that if you moved the water bottle all the water would rush out of it. This might be understandable if she didn't have an engineering degree.
I guess she never played with a bottle in the bathtub? or saw Mr. Wizard (I am not Herbert)

Speaking of water, anyone see that US Airways is providing direct flights to midtown Manhattan?

I guess she never played with a bottle in the bathtub?

Right. And if it ever gets stuck, just drill a hole in the bottle at the bottom so you don't have to go to the ER.

Fired for being dumb!!! I wish I could fire people for that!!!

not to butt in but the best water bottle story...
me and my buddy were in the break room a girl from the telephone sales dept. came in drained the bottle then before either of us could do anything she grabs a full one at about waist high from the stack with one hand around the neck and pulls it out of it's blue plastic crate.
after it bounced across the floor to her amazement.
Her comment was "I did not think it would be that heavy"
it was a 5 gallon bottle ... after we put it in the cooler for her she got her water and left.
my buddy and I could not be leave what just went on in front of us after. she left we of course busted out laughing but then we are a cruel bunch....

My really annoying co-worker just got laid off today.

I won't be annoyed by him any more. :D

Now I have to do more work. :(

Ugh that all sounds terrible!

Im glad I dont work in an office! :)

you said it my man. in my shop you just yell and curse at the people that annoy you. nothing like a good "GET THE F*CK OUT OF MY FACE" to clear the air. oh and ive spent a lot of money on tools so i can be efficient at my job "if you borrow it twice you need to own it" last one, the kid we call muffin top he's a recent grad from a tech school who will ask you a question and talk over you while you answer the question...STFU and listen. with being a mechanic and working in different shops your kinda not right in some ways, brake dust and gasoline get the roots a little loose. i'd never last in an office not for one week and neither would any of the dudes i've ever worked with

There are people - seriously - who leave the fridge door open the whole time they make coffee. Ok, not so bad, except for the fact they then walk away and leave the door open.

A few hundred years ago these people would have been left to the bears and lions. Now they help keep America's financial institutions afloat, which may explain why they're sinking.

anyone else working today? I was wondering why no one is posting...or maybe the deep winter blue cathcing up to everyone?

anyone else working today?

yep - stuck in the office myself. i'm trying to actually work today versus procrastinate... i also couldnt ride this past weekend, so not much bike stuff going on.

i did however get a chance to watch a really good surf movie that featured kelly slater, jack johnson, and rob macado. took place in chile and jamaica. good stuff.

as far as annoying people at work today - i'm surrounded. locked myself in a conference room to lay low.

anyone else working today?

Yeah, on the most annoying turd polishing project of all time. I am an expert in turd polishing. Maybe I am the most annoying co-worker of all time, the stench of turd must emanate from my cubicle at all hours, along with an endless string of frustrated swearing.

Back
Top Bottom