Annoying People at Work

Mare

I think I love you......

Our phone answering lady thinks she has some sort of authority. She doesn't, yet she bothers us all day long. I just yes her and go about my day.

I was laughing out loud for a few minutes when I read this. Thanks!

After I started this thread yesterday, I realized this is my way of coping. I decided anytime something is funny to me, I am going to laugh as loud and long as I can...let everyone wonder what the hell is going on.

Mare

I think I'm the only one here who knows who you're talking about. :p I can vouch for Mare that she's not exagerating.
Throw her off the roof already!!! :mad2:

Haha! And that's just the beginning, right? To top off all the annoying shit she does, she has the ugliest cankles!!! You can't be ugly and annoying at the same time - it's just too overwhelming.

Making fun of these dumb dumbs helps me a lot :)

Last edited:

don

my coworkers are cool. i only have three so its all good. but on the other side i have to deal with rich snobby people from rumson and fair haven on a daily basis. they really know how to commit douchebaggary to its finest.

Yeah, gotta watch out for those Rumson/Fair Haven residents :rolleyes:

Panhead

I was laughing out loud for a few minutes when I read this. Thanks!

After I started this thread yesterday, I realized this is my way of coping. I decided anytime something is funny to me, I am going to laugh as loud and long as I can...let everyone wonder what the hell is going on.

Then you'll be known as the loud laugher. Don't let sixseven find you.

sixseven

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
The fired guy was known as 'dumbass' by everyone. He was a terrible worker, possibly one of the worst I have ever come across. He would tell people he couldn't wait to get fired. His fake laugh was just the cherry on a shit sundae.
Laughter is the best medicine. This is true.

bozizle

wow

We have two women in Customer Service who are both annoying in very different respects. One lady is a great worker when she wants to and has been here 8 years. The problem is she thinks she knows everything that directors and our marketing people do on a daily basis which is not true. So when she doen;t want to work she trolls facebook, myspace, TMZ and every website with gossip. Also she is 35 and has been on a kick recently with New Kids on The Block concerts reliving her better years. Unfortunatly she blasts the music so I have to close the door to my office everyday and hear about how the New Kids concert was....uuugghh

Lady #2 is a horrible worker who doesn't understand getting work done on time and literally spins in circles all day not contributing to anything. She also has been here 8 years and is so slow and dumb she annoys everyone in the office. Recently our boss decided to sit down with everyone to see how their work day goes. (basically because everyone keeps telling him she doesn't know what she is doing) By the end of the day he basically said he doesn't know what to do with her because everything people have told him was true.
Sad thing is it took him 8 years to realize she is useless.

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
People who annoy me at work:

The guy that constantly states his hypotheses as fact in meetings and is so boisterous that no one else can get a word in edgewise. He never lets science or data get in the way of his opinion.

My wife. Don't work at the same facility as your spouse, if possible. 'Nuff said.

Panhead

I work from home alot so I take the 5th on this one, I am fortunate enough to have limited interaction with others so I don't have to deal with the same bunch of clowns every day. When I do have to go out for field work, I am already prepared for what ever I have to deal with.

But I agree with sixseven, when I worked with the tools the annoying ones didn't hang around long and God forbid they ever said they wanted their money. Got one jackass his check in 2 hours.

Mare

People who annoy me at work:
My wife. Don't work at the same facility as your spouse, if possible. 'Nuff said.

HAHA!

True, but I want to annoy people too! Well, I am almost certain I do somehow. I just remain oblivious to how. Probably with my biking stories :)

For people that work at home, how does one transition to that? Sure, there are many answers, and yes, I have some of them, but what is your input? I want to work at home!!!! I hate 8:30 - 5 rigid shit.

crash_in_nj

Seriously, I think the person who craps all over the toilet seat might be moonlighting on you...

If you want unpleasant/annoying co-workers you should really go into engineering:) There are 3 or 4 people in my office with serious hygiene issues. Then you have the personality defects. I once asked one guy if there were 16 or 32 of something. He answered yes. I guess he needed to show me how smart he was by showing me I wasn't asking the right question. I was not impressed...

The other problem we used to have was getting pinned in our cubes by the excessive talkers. We started an alert system where if you were trapped, you sent an e-mail and someone would call you so you could excuse yourself to take the important call.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any office with Engineers or Operators, or both, is the best for stories like this.

I love the free food cycle. It goes like this:

Someone brings in free food. Not home cooked brownies. They bring in a dead deer they just ran over on the way to work. It's still twitching.

Engineer #1: That's nasty, nobody will eat that.
Engineer #2: Yeah...(takes a bite). It's really bad,
Engineer #1: (takes a bite)...awful. What's wrong with people?

This conversation is repeated 50 times with any number of Engineers and Operators.

Fast forward 7 hours:

Engineer #18: What the hell? Someone finished the dead deer?
Engineer #9: I think it was Bob.
Engineer #18: Bob's a vegetarian.
Engineer #9: He was hungry.
Engineer #18: (starts chewing on table leg)

Stocky

The guys who work in my shop are from Mexico,Honduras, Chile etc... Once in a blue moon I get the all american white boy who is actually willing to work and put in his time like everyone else. Unlike most who expect to start at top dollar without any experience.
So i've got the all American white boy working for me for about 8 months, lets call him Tom.( Tom is 34)
Tom is helping me put together what we refer to as a China/Buffet, one of those huge units that mom keeps her plates and glasses in on the top and stores all the linens in on the bottom.
This particular one had what's called bubble glass ( VERY expensive to replace) in all 4 doors on the top of the china.
I had put it in "the glass" room as we do with all glass from pieces. It was stored beteen 2 foam cieling tiles and taped up so it would be safe.
I tell Tom to grab the glass from the glass room. He knows the customers last name and as with all the glass it will be labled as such.
He comes back to me and tells me he cant find it but he see's another job packed up exactly the same way but the customers name is Cuidado !

For those of you that don't get the punchline here....

Cuidado in spanish means Careful or Care or Be Careful !

I hate MORONS !

one more before I leave...

My fathers name is Herb , it's pronounced exactly how it sounds.

Ya know how many people call the shop and ask for ERB ?

How F-Ing stupid can you be ?

crash_in_nj

Any office with Engineers or Operators, or both, is the best for stories like this.

I love the free food cycle. It goes like this:

Someone brings in free food. Not home cooked brownies. They bring in a dead deer they just ran over on the way to work. It's still twitching.

Engineer #1: That's nasty, nobody will eat that.
Engineer #2: Yeah...(takes a bite). It's really bad,
Engineer #1: (takes a bite)...awful. What's wrong with people?

This conversation is repeated 50 times with any number of Engineers and Operators.

Fast forward 7 hours:

Engineer #18: What the hell? Someone finished the dead deer?
Engineer #9: I think it was Bob.
Engineer #18: Bob's a vegetarian.
Engineer #9: He was hungry.
Engineer #18: (starts chewing on table leg)

Stop it!!! You're making me hungry:)

dualfisted

wait a second here

So, I'm a "all American" white boy that wants to make an honest living doing a hard days work, but I'm funny because I don't know what cuidado means. I'm in America, where we speak English, but I'm an idiot because I don't hablo espanol. Shouldn't it have said "caution" on it instead. He's not a moron for not being bilingual.
I hate people at work who speak Spanish instead of English, what country is this? It's tough being an All- American white boy!!!!
PS- I'm half-joking!

Panhead

For people that work at home, how does one transition to that? Sure, there are many answers, and yes, I have some of them, but what is your input? I want to work at home!!!! I hate 8:30 - 5 rigid shit.

Be the most annoying, but at the same time the most competent. <--opened up word for spell check on that one!

Panhead

So, I'm a "all American" white boy that wants to make an honest living doing a hard days work, but I'm funny because I don't know what cuidado means. I'm in America, where we speak English, but I'm an idiot because I don't hablo espanol. Shouldn't it have said "caution" on it instead. He's not a moron for not being bilingual.
I hate people at work who speak Spanish instead of English, what country is this? It's tough being an All- American white boy!!!!
PS- I'm half-joking!

I 100% agree with you. I am officially the "Must have all the lights in the house on" guy.

don

I hate MORONS !

one more before I leave...

My fathers name is Herb , it's pronounced exactly how it sounds.

Ya know how many people call the shop and ask for ERB ?

How F-Ing stupid can you be ?

Maybe they are Spanish? My knowledge of the Spanish language is very little (I had no clue that Cuidado means careful), but I believe the H is silent.

Top Bottom