2022 31/31 Ride daily for bragging rights and a reward. TM / Jorba / MtbNJ /

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Congrats to all Those who have completed the challenge. Sort out the logistics over the next few days… I’ve been traveling the last week myself. Dave and I will make a list of those who are in the winnings.

Peace.

00408E6C-C61E-4446-B4CD-3F2ABA4726DE.jpeg

dnap

Team MTBNJ Halter's
7/31….(31/31)
We went out later in the day and decided to see if the balloons were going up at the fest. We didn’t stick around for the full ascension, but we did get to see the panda balloon inflate along with a few others.
https://strava.app.link/sM8z4hBY7rb
1659323850626.png

Decided to get in some gravel roads today. We hit the 1 hour mark at the top of the climb on Tree Top before the golf course and stopped for a quick celebration.

We saw this neat gnome display on Cold Brook.
E68647FF-5F3F-40AB-8D44-661DA2CD84E5.jpeg

It was a nice ride to finish up the month. I’m happy I managed not to break any body parts in the process this year and for the kick in the bike shorts to get back in the saddle with some consistency.

It’s awesome to see so many people participate and complete the challenge. Congrats to everyone who played!

Robin

Checking in after a few days of traveling - kudos to all who completed the entire challenge. I know it can be tough some days and it does wear on you.

I am happy there was a 20 day challenge - still got me out a few days when I had other things going on/may not have ridden. Cheers to another great July!

Ian F

Congrats to those who completed their challenge! I was only attempting the 20 day, but the legs didn't want to cooperate. Part of me wonders if it was "the C" (never tested, nor had symptoms) as I could simply not recover or put down any power earlier in the month. However, after a couple of weeks off, I was able to finish off the month with a decent ride at Pennypack with friends. At one point on a climb, I decided to see how well my legs were feeling and managed to set a PR on the climb as well as the singletrack segment afterwards.

Finally got the Spot back together with a rear tire, new chain and new derailleur cable/housing. Looks like a timed the chain replacement right as even after over 2 years and 1000+ miles, the original chain didn't seem to stretch, so I dodged the $$$ XTR cassette-replacement-bullet:
1659353537257.png

Tom/Workboot. Can still kick butt (usually podiums at enduro races) riding half-clapped out bikes and toe-clips.
1659353626696.png

Two of the women were riding fully-rigid Engins. At least Naomi was riding gears for a change (she often runs it SS).
1659353746999.png

Frankie making me want an eBike:
1659353813663.png

Jill on her rigid Engin:
1659353866806.png

Jill, Elizabeth & Kim:
1659353935854.png

Kim riding my old Intense Carbine 275:
1659353992678.png

It's funny how bike sizing has changed a bit over the years. I bought and built up the Carbine in 2014 to be my "forever" bike for DH and trail riding. It's a Medium frame and I'm 5' 10" - just on the upper end of that frame's sizing chart. I used to like my bikes on the smaller size, so it felt OK - until I bought the Primer a couple of years later and had a taste of the "modern geo" Koolaid. Since I sold it to her a few years ago, she has since swapped out the fork, brakes and seat post as well as removed the decals from the Ringle Charger Pro wheels. The bike fits her well despite the fact she's about 5" shorter than me:
1659354296567.png

And despite being around 8 years old (holy shit - it's really been that long??), the Race Race press-fit BB I installed seems to be holding up well.

Thank you to Norm for the heads up on the lift situation at Burke. I'm heading up to Kingdom on Weds for a few days and I'm hoping the bike park is open since I'm staying at a condo on the mtn. Unfortunately, the weather forecast for the week & weekend does not look promising, so I also plan to bring a few books to read.

Hopefully next year the legs will cooperate! Congrats again to all who finished!

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Congratulations to all that toed the line, and especially those that met their goals-
Great job!
It’s been fun following along on your journeys.

And big group of finishers!
@jdog is this the largest graduating class for July University?

ekuhn

(31/31) Complete. 5th Time going 31/31. 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021 and now 2022. Its a hard endeavor. When do you ever do something you love daily for an hour? It sounds easy, until you do it and fit it in to life. No excuses, no cancelling, no I'll do it tomorrow.

Congrats to those who finished and those who rode 20/31. Be proud of yourselves and what you accomplished! Keep riding!

IMG_7715.JPG

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok I'm at work so now I can think more about this.

31 days of riding, 34 total rides

22 days of mountain biking, 25 mountain bike rides
4 of these were DH parks

I guess that leaves 9 road rides in there
TrailForks gives you some good stats over time and this is the biggest July I have had in terms of total mountain bike rides ever

11 rides at KT this July. I think maybe 17 total rides in KT this month. 11 plus 4 DH parks (all Vermont) plus SVT & Rochester.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
I just got around to getting the times all sorted out.

The winner winner chicken dinner in hours is @Mtbdog with a dominating 5,165 minutes (~86 hours) total for the 31 for 31 group. Holy smokes.

In the 20 for 31 group @trener1 comes in at 3,711 minutes (~62 hours), which would have been THIRD place in total time for the 31 for 31 group.

The podiums stand as:
31 for 31 group - @Mtbdog in first, @DoubleD25 in second and @Norm in third.

20 for 31 group - @trener1 in first, @Dominique in second and @The_Mountainside_Menace in third.

As a group of all of us finishers, we all rode over 2,100 hours for the month. That’s pretty nuts. Nice job everyone! Just because it’s ‘officially’ over doesn’t mean we can’t keep it up. That said, I did sleep in today and boy did that feel good.

Hair Face

When I first learned about this challenge I knew it was right in my wheelhouse. I like to push myself but life gets busy and I knew some days would be more complicated than others. It wasn't always easy to find a way to get it done but I managed to pull it off. So proud of what I accomplished and with some solid rides mixed in too! While I don't think I'll continue to ride everyday, because life, I do plan to use the momentum this challenge created to keep riding more and riding more often! Thanks for all the encouragement and company everyone! Now time to go get #32!

Frank

Sasquatch
I just got around to getting the times all sorted out.

The winner winner chicken dinner in hours is @Mtbdog with a dominating 5,165 minutes (~86 hours) total for the 31 for 31 group. Holy smokes.

In the 20 for 31 group @trener1 comes in at 3,711 minutes (~62 hours), which would have been THIRD place in total time for the 31 for 31 group.

The podiums stand as:
31 for 31 group - @Mtbdog in first, @DoubleD25 in second and @Norm in third.

20 for 31 group - @trener1 in first, @Dominique in second and @The_Mountainside_Menace in third.

As a group of all of us finishers, we all rode over 2,100 hours for the month. That’s pretty nuts. Nice job everyone! Just because it’s ‘officially’ over doesn’t mean we can’t keep it up. That said, I did sleep in today and boy did that feel good.
........then why does it feel like I won???🏁:):):):)

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
Hey everyone - keep an eye on your PMs, I’m going to send a message out to all the finishers regarding loot/swag. We are going to try to wrap everything up as far as that side goes by August 10th. If you already know what you want to do (donate to JORBA or NICA) shoot me a note or post up here.

Top Bottom