Wildcat Ridge WMA Conditions

xc62701

Oh and it doesn’t need to be said but leaves are deeeeep. It’s not bad for a bit but it starts to get old after a while.

68nova200

Does anyone know where the janky bench at the bottom of oreland came from? There's a semi creepy guy that hangs out by that bridge daily so just a heads up on that too.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
not absolutely needed but if you want to use them its good. There may be some scrapes and awkward foot angles on the rockier single track.

Ashcor

Everything clear and frozen solid today but should be softening up tomorrow afternoon. Rivers and creeks running heavy so water crossings without bridges may be sketchy.

Also remember WCR is officially closed to mtn biking except on Sundays Oct-April due to hunting.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Rode last night and this morning and it was mostly frozen dirt with a little standing water (but with a firm base) here and there. Get in while it's frozen and it's great! Just be careful for blowdowns and deep stream crossings. I nicked a couple flooded spots on 4 Birds and Orange and moved a couple trees i could by hand. The main orange entrance at the Bat Cave is pretty flooded so i went up the road behind the bat cave to the Orange Alternate (marked white) and it was all good. Rode Wagon Wheel and Odin's Ladder for the first time today and they were awesome!

Last edited:

Ned Schneebly

what are some can’t miss trails in the wildcat area? or a solid loop. i’ve rode here once and seemed to not have a good idea of where i was going. did hit odins ladder though which was fun. thanks for the help!

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
what are some can’t miss trails in the wildcat area? or a solid loop. i’ve rode here once and seemed to not have a good idea of where i was going. did hit odins ladder though which was fun. thanks for the help!

If you like rocks, do this:
https://strava.app.link/AWzyQjbjGcb
1609471315453.png

If you don't like rocks (or if it just rained for 24 hours and you still want to ride), do this:
https://strava.app.link/jWm4gdrjGcb
1609471377701.png

Or let me know when you're free to ride and I'll meet you there.

Can someone clarify whether Wildcat is open for biking M-Sa or not? It was my understanding that, during hunting season, we only have Sundays, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions