Wildcat Ridge WMA Conditions

68nova200

I "rode" (read walked the bike) the girl scout trail yesterday. So many sticks down. two very large trees down that will require a chainsaw. One on the climb up from green pond road. And one at the top of the switchbacks no way to ride around that one. I moved a bunch of sticks on the cogswell mine trail also.

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I "rode" (read walked the bike) the girl scout trail yesterday. So many sticks down. two very large trees down that will require a chainsaw. One on the climb up from green pond road. And one at the top of the switchbacks no way to ride around that one. I moved a bunch of sticks on the cogswell mine trail also.
paging @nj29er

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There is a tree down on oreland that might need a saw. 3 guys might be able to drag it off tho... I cleared the rest of it of all the large branches and most of the small sticks.
Where, road oreland last night
Pushed a tree out but nothing else

68nova200

Yeah I wiggled it a bit but couldn't get it to budge. 2 crashes before the tree on my ride must have done me in.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
just a reminder to everyone, its not worth causing permanent damage to you back to remove a tree from the trail.
You should be able to size it up from the saddle and determine if its possible.
These herculean efforts add up over time and land you on the couch before your ready to give up riding.

Blk06CompIRL

Yeah I wiggled it a bit but couldn't get it to budge. 2 crashes before the tree on my ride must have done me in.
Yeah, we came through after you and I / we moved the one at the start of Oreland off the double track and the only other big one in the spot you are talking about. So Oreland is clear besides the misc sticks and such.
Orange from BatCave to Hawkwatch is also clear.

Blk06CompIRL

just a reminder to everyone, its not worth causing permanent damage to you back to remove a tree from the trail.
You should be able to size it up from the saddle and determine if its possible.
These herculean efforts add up over time and land you on the couch before your ready to give up riding.
This one really wasn't bad, it lifted easily and pivoted off trail with minimal effort 👍 definitely agree though, don't do something to hinder you from riding the trails you were trying to fix.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
Please report downfall on Trailforks.com

Turn GPS location on, and add a picture too.
That makes it easier to get to the worksite and bring the appropriate gear.

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cleared

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
How do you get trailforks condition reports to show a given park if you're not in that location?
Thx

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Confirmed climb to lake Ames, lake ames , tent trail to new buypass all clear and that was the point the spiders and webs got the best of me.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions