Wildcat Ridge WMA Conditions

serviceguy

leo went otb on it lol

also y not
Not today though, and I did not help removing it. Don't blame it on me.

I saw that, it was pretty epic!

On a side note, today I cleared all the skinny bridges, including the one where I crashed a few feet from the end of the ride while following you during the group ride. Still managed to scratch the stanchion on my fork falling basically while standing still...I definitely don't feel the love at Wildcat!

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
i was just curious....asking for a friend

It's a good question, but what is the difference between sanitizing and clearing debris? I really want to clear the two logs by the cemetery but haven't. I think they've been there less than a year or have I waited to long and now they're a feature?

Kaleidopete

How about a cut like this, some ride through, some jump over? Just asking for a friend.
IMG_20200216_112814.jpg

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's a good question, but what is the difference between sanitizing and clearing debris? I really want to clear the two logs by the cemetery but haven't. I think they've been there less than a year or have I waited to long and now they're a feature?

Cut out whatever down trees you want. More will fall. Just don't remove any rocks. And thanks for your effort!

Mtbdog

Jim did you get a chance to climb any of those walls you been riding around. They look like a climbers dream. I don't mean on your bike but like repelling.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jim did you get a chance to climb any of those walls you been riding around. They look like a climbers dream. I don't mean on your bike but like repelling.

No. I haven't really seen anyone out climbing, although I know there are popular places for it out here. You have to be careful because a lot of the rock is pretty fragile, and if your gear isn't in non-fragile rock, then if you fall, you die. I didn't do too much research into it since I knew nobody on this trip would go climb with me. I'll get my wife out here eventually though.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
No. I haven't really seen anyone out climbing, although I know there are popular places for it out here. You have to be careful because a lot of the rock is pretty fragile, and if your gear isn't in non-fragile rock, then if you fall, you die. I didn't do too much research into it since I knew nobody on this trip would go climb with me. I'll get my wife out here eventually though.

If you pull me up I will

xc62701

Im not sure if this is normal or not but the gate at the bottom of darlington is open and as I was coming down it yesterday, there were 3 cars full of high school student driving their moms civics up it. It was fairly entertaining as I bombed passed them.

68nova200

Im not sure if this is normal or not but the gate at the bottom of darlington is open and as I was coming down it yesterday, there were 3 cars full of high school student driving their moms civics up it. It was fairly entertaining as I bombed passed them.
I asked a warden about the gates. He said it isn't worth it for them to lock the gates because kids cut them open...

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
you guys ( @JimN ) asked me to get the fallen trees removed....right?
Were they gone?
and if so, then perhaps the gate is open so the town can get in there and remove them.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions