Wildcat Ridge WMA Conditions

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
conditions were great today (of course) but it's starting to get leafy already. Lost the trail once or twice briefly.

Zack 54

Large tree down on shotgun, will need large chainsaw to remove from trail.

Attachments

• CF706B28-F1C5-447F-B785-F595AE3A666A.jpeg
    CF706B28-F1C5-447F-B785-F595AE3A666A.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 114

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
Looking out the back door, high winds, hail, lightning......hope your not caught out there...

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
I forget the hunting season dates but in late Nov i rode mid-week, mid-afternoon thinking that's not really prime hunting time - boy was i surprised when i came across 3 hunters with rifles walking down the orange trail toward solar pond parking lot! Looked like they were on their way out after not having any luck. I slowed down, waved and apologized but they didn't seem to care i was there. Glad i wore my bright orange "just in case" though. Recommend you do the same. When does the season end again at Wildcat?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
When does the season end again at Wildcat?

Most hunting is over by the end of February, but then Spring Turkey season is April-May. With the exception of June, July, and August, I recommend always wearing orange.

Last edited:
I was thinking of heading over there tomorrow to check it out for the first time but I was wondering is this still the don’t ride unless it’s Sunday time of year? I don’t want to piss anybody off if we’re not supposed to be out there right now.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You're technically not permitted to fish from the shoreline so that leads to other issues.

There are streams, rivers, and ponds in Wildcat.

Technically toss a portable rod in your pack, and strap on your orange helmet, and you now a fisherman and you good any day doe.

Sounds like a good plan. Make sure you also get a fishing license though.

Reactions: w_b

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Has anyone ever been bothered by anybody riding there? Outside of maybe people hiking on beaver brook on the weekend or people fishing at the res I rarely run into anyone there.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions