What have you done to your bike today?

Karate Monkey

The internal routing is NOT as bad as i have heard it to be

Internal routing done well isn't bad. Internal routing designed by someone who's never (nor ever will) work[ed] on the bike tends to be atrocious.

See: Speed Concept, P5X, [insert other time trial bike here], Madone, new Fuels that route through the bottom bracket/chainstay yoke, etc, etc.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Internal routing done well isn't bad. Internal routing designed by someone who's never (nor ever will) work[ed] on the bike tends to be atrocious.

See: Speed Concept, P5X, [insert other time trial bike here], Madone, new Fuels that route through the bottom bracket/chainstay yoke, etc, etc.

this was my fuel ex, the dropper is the only thing that went through the BB area, but it still wasnt bad (i also wasnt doing it blind, i had the existing housings to use as a guide as a i pushed new ones through)

my domane wasnt bad either (i havent done the brake routing on this one which iirc goes internal from the headset through the bb into the chainstay)

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
only needed to route the brake cables on the cutthroat, could not have been easier. Salsa’s documentation in general is crap, but they they nailed the routing.

Last edited:

serviceguy

only needed to route the break cables on the cutthroat, could not have been easier. Salsa’s documentation is crap, but they they nailed the routing.
Weird thing about Salsa internal routing in the Mukluk, they have two ports near the BB for the internal dropper post, one on the down tube the other on the seat tube. I just routed the cable on top of the BB with no exposed sections, easy-peasy.

Mr.Moto

Rainy weekend so had time to do a number of projects. First up was a nugget shipped from Poland.
374595B2-B61D-4885-9847-CD8D4871B34C.jpeg

Replaced this hunk of metal...
9943B91B-824C-408C-8AEE-ACEEC331FEEF.jpeg

C80FE9B1-4E60-4D6A-8C38-858159C3CC43.jpeg

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
After a bunch of tinkering, I now have this bike right where I want it.

I go back and fourth on the rear tire width 2.8 / 2.6”, but I’m sold on the mixed wheel size.

look for a new bike coming to market in June that (IMO) will kickstart the mixed wheel size trend. Others bikes for 2021 and 2022 are shortly following suit. I’m certain that this will be as big a trend as 29er was a decade ago.

Attachments

• 6227DCFE-3B53-404E-8711-32022DEA0B52.jpeg
    6227DCFE-3B53-404E-8711-32022DEA0B52.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 110
  • BDD90355-8782-4FD9-B180-A92E51699AE4.jpeg
    BDD90355-8782-4FD9-B180-A92E51699AE4.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

serviceguy

After a bunch of tinkering, I now have this bike right where I want it.

I go back and fourth on the rear tire width 2.8 / 2.6”, but I’m sold on the mixed wheel size.

look for a new bike coming to market in June that (IMO) will kickstart the mixed wheel size trend. Others bikes for 2021 and 20222 are shortly following suit. I’m certain that this will be as big a trend as 29er was a decade ago.
Sadly, the biggest obstacle for me would be to find a rim that I like that comes in both 27.5 and 29 size and 28H...OCD is no joke! I’m thinking 27.5+ in the rear (2.8, 3.0) and 2.6 in the front...dirt bike styke! Can be anything, not that I’m going to ride it anytime soon anyway!

Karate Monkey

Tore down a used rear wheel for a riding buddy to re-lace the rim to a 177 hub for his Mutz. Found this nastiness inside.
View attachment 158787

He still wants to give it a go so out comes the epoxy.
View attachment 158789

Not too late, drill a stop hole at the end of that crack. Epoxy by itself won't do shit to stop it.

Looks like a classic "ran over a giant nail/screw" damage. I've had/seen several rims that have that damage, and they lasted for years. Admittedly, on road bikes, but it shouldn't explode, anyway.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just taped wheels and swapped on tires from the SS wheelset Rekon/Rekon race, perfect summer rubber. Also swapped the 150mm dropper on the Ripmo for the 170mm post that was a tad long for the Vassago but perfect on the Ripmo. 3 days off the bike was actually good to rest and heal. Perfect time to do some minor bike stuff.

Top Bottom