Weekend Trail Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mare

Since trail conditions are mentioned randomly throughout various threads, let's try to condense... does anyone know current conditions? Round Valley? Hartshorne? Lewis Morris? And of course everywhere else! I'd like to get out and ride this afternoon, but not sure if they have dried out at all. Hopefully by tomorrow things will be looking a bit better.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Allaire was springtime acceptable yesterday, and I assume much more dry today. I'll find out in about 40 mins and report back :D

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
sourlands

i did 3.5 miles today there first time there...had some water in places but you can get around it...then on the way home i stopped at cheeseshit park and did some outlaw riding there 6.5 just to make the day worth it more on the bike then in the car...

KenS

JORBA.ORG
Yep, Allaire is more or less bone dry. Rode just about every trail in the park including coke. The spots that are still wet today are on the radar for the ATUG trail maintenance day on the 30th.

Ben give me a long term niner report, any BB squeaking yet? My 29'r may be on its last breath.

BiknBen

Yep, Allaire is more or less bone dry. Rode just about every trail in the park including coke. The spots that are still wet today are on the radar for the ATUG trail maintenance day on the 30th.

Ben give me a long term niner report, any BB squeaking yet? My 29'r may be on its last breath.

My bike left allaire clean as it went in. Tiger had the most wet spots but more like tacky dirt than wet. Ken, was that your Bronco? I don't know what you drive.

The 29'r hasn't made a noise after an initial regreasing of the BB area. That first lube was a bad choice. I have stripped an eccentric bolt though. :rolleyes:

KenS

JORBA.ORG
My bike left allaire clean as it went in. Tiger had the most wet spots but more like tacky dirt than wet. Ken, was that your Bronco? I don't know what you drive.

The 29'r hasn't made a noise after an initial regreasing of the BB area. That first lube was a bad choice. I have stripped an eccentric bolt though. :rolleyes:

I "drove" a yeti to the park yesterday, but when I drive there its in a black chevy pickup :D

Great news on the niner, thanks man

F

FallGirl1430

Stewart and Tymor Park ...

I know these parks are off the beaten path for most but with the first race less than 3 weeks away, its time to venture out. Ill post a report later today,

Fallgirl ...

N

Neen

Lewis Morris wasn't bad today. I think we hit 3 muddy spots and the rest was dry and fast. Lotso people out as well.

DownhillR3

Rode KVSP today, only two muddy spots on the red trail. Pretty crowded, I was suprised. Everything dried up well, only came across 3 downed trees that needed a dismount to get over. WARNING: On the green trail next to the horse trail is a lot of metal wire. I got caught up in some of it today.:mad2: I moved the pieces I saw off to the side but don't know if more is scattered around, since I turned and went back.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
First campmor race is May 4. She might be referring to a race in the CT or Schenetedy series.

Ringwood red trail from the school was in great shape today. Just a couple wet patches at the beginning, perfect in the singletrack.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Got up to Mahlon this afternoon; it was great shape. A few wet spots here and there and a few little creeks where there weren't any before...but considering it has been MONTHS since I rode up there without snow or ice, I couldn't have been happier.

F

FallGirl1430

Larson's loop today, Stewart tomorrow ...

Today was a very little known place in New Paltz NY, it's called Larson's Loop. I believe it's only know by the locals but it is a mountain biker's heavan. The way to get there is by going behind the shop I ride for ... Bicycle Depo, Main St. New Paltz NY. You ride down a Rail Trail for 4.98 miles enter the field on your left. It is all single track with amazing views. The trails wind along the edge of a moutain range called .. The Gunks. Mountain Cimbing here is said to be world class. You can ride for hours without cross your path. I heard that Stewart had surface mud in spots, we are going tomorrow. Tymor Park in Lagrangeville, NY I hear is quite muddy.
The first race is in CT at Hopbrook Dam in Middlebury, it's part of the RT 66 MTB series. The date is Saturday April 12th

Fallgirl ...

NJ Jess

Deer Park and stephens

Both are a bit mushy with stephens having a lot of branches down. A couple of true mud holes that ya had to walk,...riding with muddy shoe stinks.

BAIN

Thursday = Tourne, did the red loop clockwise. All in all in great shape. Lots of leaves were getting blown into some of the lines over in "rattlesnake" section of rock gardens. The switchbacks are looking a little rugged. I think they might need some work.

Friday = KSVP What a day. Got over there around 330 and the conditions were so good. A little light muddy here and there, but it was worth being there so early. Only did about half of the park, no major changes from when I was there saturday tree wise. Did notice some new trail maintenance, but we need to get a chainsaw out to 2 definate spots.

Saturday = Stokes What can I say about this place. If you haven't ridden here then I am sorry, but you are missing out on some of the most fun and technical riding in NJ. If you love getting beat down by rocks, roots, washouts, trees, just all in all getting thrown around, this is your spot. We only did about an hour 15, but it was well worth it. Headed in to lackner trail, damn was over flooded, so we took advice from another group and walked across a fallen tree up stream a bit. We decided to be a little adventurous and take the trail to the right to see if it went anywhere. It doesn't. Had to hike a bike up the hill back to lackner, from there we made a right on stoney lake trail (hands down my favorite trail in stokes) did some rock/tree maintenance on the coursen trail side. Just a quick fix, but it works. Made a right on coursen and holy crap, someone cut through all the trees, even the monster. Climb out with not stopping (yay) got to coursen road, went down to pay respects to (CR) R.I.P. Went out to 206 and made a right into the woods across from Gyp's and continued onto lackner once again back to the car. So much fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom