Weekend Trail Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was a very little known place in New Paltz NY, it's called Larson's Loop. I believe it's only know by the locals but it is a mountain biker's heavan. The way to get there is by going behind the shop I ride for ... Bicycle Depo, Main St. New Paltz NY. You ride down a Rail Trail for 4.98 miles enter the field on your left. It is all single track with amazing views. The trails wind along the edge of a moutain range called .. The Gunks. Mountain Cimbing here is said to be world class. You can ride for hours without cross your path. I heard that Stewart had surface mud in spots, we are going tomorrow. Tymor Park in Lagrangeville, NY I hear is quite muddy.
The first race is in CT at Hopbrook Dam in Middlebury, it's part of the RT 66 MTB series. The date is Saturday April 12th

Fallgirl ...

What trails do you ride in Stewart? What is a good way to go?

Hi T wach,

In Stewart I usually try to follow the race course for a bit or till I get lost :) Most people go into to Stewart from the DEC entrance, once down the big semi paved hill and passed the shed on the right there are two trails on the right. Last years race we took the second trail on the right. I ride with people who know the area well.

Fallgirl ...

Tourne

Rode Tourne for a few hours. All in all it was good. Slight muddy section right before Birchwood lake but nothing note worthy. There are however two decently sized trees down on the singletrack about halfway through.

H&h

Rode all of Huber (in good shape with minor mud spots) and some of Hartshorne (which also was in good shape with some spots that need a little help)

Rv

Round Valley was in great shape this weekend. They did an incredible amount of work cleaning that place up over the last week. There are two muddy patches near the South Lot, very minor though. All the downed trees along the first 6 miles of the Cushetunk have been removed.

hartshorne

hartshorne was great today NO mud at all kinda soft in spots...took the grand tour and went up the hill to the lookout...didnt do huber side...7miles touched down 3 times from slippin on roots...was a great ride...

coin flip

i guess tomorrow all depends on how far i want to go...LM sounds prime and i bet CR is ok/good...i bet 6M is fair/no good...i know allaire's sandy ass is ready to go hartshorne is prob fine...im goinmg out afternoon so any and all updates on these trails would be great...

LM was real nice yesterday. Few muddy spots, but nothing you can't go around.

i guess tomorrow all depends on how far i want to go...LM sounds prime and i bet CR is ok/good...i bet 6M is fair/no good...i know allaire's sandy ass is ready to go hartshorne is prob fine...im goinmg out afternoon so any and all updates on these trails would be great...

sourlands and round valley are cool beans

i was toolin' around the Rutgers preserve today on the chucker for an hour or so. its in good shape. hit it up.

rv and chimney rock today, rv is dry and sweet but has some massive erosion ruts. c rock is decent with some muddy spots as usual. the tm from last week is holding up well especially the armored sections.

Hartshorne

I rode hartshorne yesterday (Saturday 05 April 08) and everything was dry and fast. some good riding.

Paul

I rode hartshorne yesterday (Saturday 05 April 08) and everything was dry and fast. some good riding.

Paul

due to the clouds i went to hartshorne/huber cause its close to my place...did a 8.5mile loop thru both parks was good saw a few riders and runners trail was in real good shape if the rain holds off im hoping to hit 6mile tomorrow...pos CR i havent been there in a while...but on the way up there ill be tossin around the pos of goin to sourlands or LM...ah we.ll see:hmmm:

how is this place?

its small, a couple quick hills here and there , some twists and turns, nothing insanely technical, but its got some features built in here and there. a good local ride if you are in the area or are looking to get some air time. thinking about it, its like a small six mile.

very small 6mile i hated that place gave it a second shot and still hated it...:mad2:

yeah... i can see it being disappointing if you've driven more than 10 minutes to get there and you're looking to put in miles. its not much of an x/c ride, more of a jump-off-this/jump-over-that area. i don't put in miles when i go, i usually go and work the same jumps over and over. i also live less than 2 miles away, so its more of a local option that's more fun than a skatepark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom