Wayway wrap up

Thanks for the links. My buddy and i may have to join a few races for s and g. Could be a good time. Looks fun. Prob get my ass kisked but i'll bear with it.

Damn, hard to believe the fat bastard that I am could come anywhere near the top 5. Thanks for the pics Jim. I'll now throw my lunch away and drink nothing but water all day.

Hard to believe that Niner recommends I ride a smaller frame than that. Those are actually 29" wheels, not a BMX bike!

Doesn't it look like Fred's leg is way too extended in that pic?

It looks like Fred/Chris are the only ones w/ proper seat height. Most of those setups look DH...............

Reading all these posts looks like the race was a great time!! I've never done a race before but definitely want to do one. Just wondering how long is each lap, and is this the usual format for all races.

My name is not on the pay dirt list although I did sign a sheet when I participated in a JORBA trail work day recently. . how do I fix this?

Slow, slow, slow...

Ewww, now that the results are up I can see how slow I really was...I actually got 8th with 38.17 minute average laps...It seemed a lot faster when I was out there...Looks like I have to start drinking nothing but water myself to get ready for Tymor:(

-Jim.

"You are what your time says you are":(

The good news is, there's nowhere to go but up for me!

Roughly I turned blistering 50 minute laps in Expert.... put me in last....:mad:

Like somebody said earlier.... "its a big jump.. Sport to Expert..."

The silver lining here is based on 50 minute laps I would have had 4th in Sport:D

Last edited:
We subtract that number of minutes in the right-hand column to get our actual time, right?

Two dudes in SS Sport were fast. 1:16 is nuts.

We subtract that number of minutes in the right-hand column to get our actual time, right?

Two dudes in SS Sport were fast. 1:16 is nuts.

Justin,

that is correct. If you subtract the time on the right from your given time you get your actual time. Peace.:)

-rf

Like somebody said earlier.... "its a big jump.. Sport to Expert..."

It's a HUGE jump, last year when I upgraded I swore I was going to sell my bike after every race:mad2: But it'll make you stronger...Or kill you...Either way, welcome to Expert Class!!:D

Oh, and just as a tip, don't ever look at the Sport results, look at the winning Expert times, look where you need to go, not where you've already been...

-Jim.

Last edited:
Justin,

Congrats on the 5th place! Not as fast as Tahir but still damn awesome for your first race since the upgrade. Those road mile paid off big time.

Back
Top Bottom