Wayway wrap up

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Awesome shot of me busting my booty:D

There's also proof I was in front of Greg at some point, albeit not a very long point!!

-Jim.

BiknBen

-Jim.

I think we need to add that one to the thread to ensure everyone will see it. ;)

jimv.jpg

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG

There's also proof I was in front of Greg at some point, albeit not a very long point!!

I did notice that. Greg was on fire yesterday. One of the Sids guys mentioned that he turned in the fastest single lap time of any of the racers (including semipro)? Incredible.

Nimrod

i like this one, gets my vote. the mud churning off the back tire... grrr what a great picture

Attachments

• 2974133570061501676wnSXiK_th.jpg
    2974133570061501676wnSXiK_th.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 264

cem

first short race

Third race ever, first shorter format. Up to now i've only done the all-a-muchy and 24 hrs of Allumuchy. So i had no idea what to expect. Have to say, staying on the bridge and waiting for people to move would have been the way to go, but i wouldn't have ended up with this fine portrait, "tough guy in the water"

So after pushing my heart rate to mid-190s for the first mile and blowing up at the first major hill. I settle in to my normal pace: slow on the climb, and slow on everything else.

Over all I had blast, will be back again.

-cm

ArmyOfNone

im surprised there is no pic of me sliding across the boardwalk. that was just before you were swinging by.

BiknBen

...staying on the bridge and waiting for people to move would have been the way to go, but i wouldn't have ended up with this fine portrait, "tough guy in the water"

I was trying to figure out who that was in the Halter's jersey. I didn't recognize you with that face.

Chris finds the preferred line:
Chris-2.jpg

Eileen

This was my first race in sport and I was a little intimidated by the second lap, but it wasn't too bad. Every climb looked like it got bigger and I didn't have the legs to power through anything, but it was still a lot of fun. My legs are sore today and I'm still tired, but I'm ready to do it all again.

Christina - way to work together :getsome:

Thanks to everyone from Black Bear for putting on an awesome race!!!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This was my first race in sport and I was a little intimidated by the second lap, but it wasn't too bad. Every climb looked like it got bigger and I didn't have the legs to power through anything, but it was still a lot of fun. My legs are sore today and I'm still tired, but I'm ready to do it all again.

It is a well known fact that they sprinkle more rocks in between laps.

F

FallGirl1430

My race was one to forget, I made the mistake by riding 8 miles the day prior at Wayway which took what little I had in the tank. It was my first sport race too. I was in the top 3 for the first 1/2 lap, drinking Hammer Gel along the way which I think made me feel worse. I am still not feeling 100 % from suffering from the flu for the month of April. I had to stop 3/4 of the way thru the first lap to re group. Soon I'll be back to 100%. On the second lap is when I saw Eileen charging up behind me. Her and I had worked together and it was because of her that I got some of my strength back to finish the race. She kept saying ... " OK Christina, lets go, we got this!" She is a great rider and a friend ... Thanks again Eileen :D

Christina ... :)

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
You tell'em Jim! = Push ups make you tough!

You stopped.. Did what? 2 or 3 sets of pushups, while waiting for the other guys?

Hell yes son!! And I had to wrestle a bear!! How do you think Greg beat me by 9 minutes!? Because he's fitter? Shah, as if:rofl:

-Jim.

Top Bottom