Tymor

guava

I don't know that I would campare it to any of the other courses. Don't forget, it is the northernmost course, so the terrain is a little different than Jersey, more shale, less roud rock. I guess blue would be the most similar. the trail surface itself is buff and fast, but there are a lot of tight turns and technical challenges. most importantly, you better be comfortable with going FAST! I wouldn't say it is anything like lewis morris, which I don't care for too much.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I agree with Guava that it's a unique park for those of us in NJ. If they added even more sweet singletrack and took out some of the climbing then it sounds like it could be one of the better races of the series.

E

edboz

does anyone know if this year's course is already marked? I'd like to pre-ride it Sunday morning.

Nimrod

Tell him to make it go uphill as much as possible!! I'll give you a dollar!!

-Jim.

Mrs. Nimrod's brother lives down the street from Tymor.

We saw him today; I explained about the race at Tymor "Jeeeeezzzz! That whole place is hilly" he said.

Then I invited my whole family (the 4 of us) up to his house for next weekend.;) Racing and family:D visits, great combo!

cyclocrossfool

did a few laps w/ FG yesterday. all i can say is: 1-tymor = mtb race course, wawayanda = mickey mouse crap. 2- jim v should like it

F

FallGirl1430

did a few laps w/ FG yesterday. all i can say is: 1-tymor = mtb race course, wawayanda = mickey mouse crap. 2- jim v should like it

Yes Tommy and I did a few laps yesterday at Tymor Park. Last year which was my first year racing I had raced the 35+ beginner class placing
2 second and thought the climbs were rather difficult ... till yesterday. Since the beginners didn't cross the road in our 2 lap race, I didn't know what lies on the other side. It's the "belly of the beast" as I had called the climbs during our ride. After the same start as last year, down the stone road than making a left up a short climb into really nice flowing new single track. Once crossing the concrete bridge on the oppisite side of the lake, this is where the climbing starts, the single track takes you up and along "the cliff" which is a techical root invested very narrow track with off camber logs, a misscue here would have one sliding down bouncing off trees like a pinball game. Crossing the road brings you to a grass field climb, makig a right after the climb, passing thru the rock walls than a left at the outhouse takes you into more climbing ... alot more, I have heard there's about 1100 vertical feet of climbing per lap. What goes up must come down, there's a few fast downhills which takes you back to the grass fields than back across the road into lap number two. I think this park is awesome! It has something for everyone, if you like flowing twisty single track, roots, fewer rocks, off camber cliffs, long climbs and super fast downhills this is your place.

Christina ... :)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for the reports guys. Sounds like the course is basically the same as last year.

J

julienjaborska

This sounds like it's going to be a good time, see some of you guys there!

CrossAddict

18 or 20 teeth??? (no sussex jokes please)

Does the course still have more climbing than wawayanda?

I'm running a 18tooth cog (29er ss), but if there is more climbing I would probably rock the 20tooth to be safe. Thanks for any input.:)

-rf

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I didn't preride the new course but I'm pretty sure it crosses the road, so it will have more climbing than Waway.

The problem is that this is like 2 parks in 1 race, and the first half and second half will need different gearing. First half is predominantly flat/rollers and the second half is lots of vertical. So which do you gear for?

Glancing Aft

The problem is that this is like 2 parks in 1 race, and the first half and second half will need different gearing. First half is predominantly flat/rollers and the second half is lots of vertical. So which do you gear for?

Go with a flipflop hub with different gearing. Although that would defeat the purpose of a SS :hmmm: :D

Top Bottom