Tymor

B

Biz

Pixychick,

That's not what I said. I said
I don't know what's worse: A girl trying to decide what shoes to wear, or a singlespeeder deciding what gearing to use.

I've never experienced a girl trying to decide what tires to run.

Biz.

CrossAddict

Wawayanda vs. Tymor

Of the two trail systems (wawayanda and tymor) which is more technical? I hear there is a lot of climbing at tymor how much is a lot? 200', 300' or 500' vert at once? What other venue in the H2H series does it compare to? Just a couple of questions since I won't be able to get over there until the race on the 18th. Thanks for the help in advance.

-r

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Does not compare to any. I would say less technical than Waway and a bit more climbing than any other race in the series. It is actually really good training and preparation, if you plan to race Mt Snow this year.

If you are racing beginner, the climbing part may not apply, as sometimes they cut the climbs out for beginners.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's like 2 distinct little parks in 1 race. Even the soil is totally different depending on what side of the road you're on.

Plus, this course has live lions, which you don't get anywhere else.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
A few of my teammates just pre-rode the course and confirmed less climbing and lots of cool new singletrack.:)

CrossAddict

A few of my teammates just pre-rode the course and confirmed less climbing and lots of cool new singletrack.:)

So I take it there is less climbing than last year? Any climbing that is real steep? I'm not sure about running a 18 tooth cog on my 29er SS. It was fine for Wawayanda. :eek:

-rf

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cool new singletrack is...um, cool. Shut up Ben.

Pixy - I'd be curious at the total vertical and distance of the ride, if any of your teammates are GPS nerds like a lot of us.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Pixy - I'd be curious at the total vertical and distance of the ride, if any of your teammates are GPS nerds like a lot of us.

HA!! ..... when I asked my teammate why he wouldn't use a computer, he said ....... "They should of stopped after they made the bike!" (actual quote on 4/24/08). :hmmm:

guava

I rode it

You guys are in for a treat. The organisers have taken out some of the worst climbs, and the stupid, no payoff, straight down the mountain descent, and added A LOT of stunning new singletrack. Seriously this place has some serious flow. I didn't want to leave. If it wasn't getting dark I would have just kept riding till I ran out of food. As for the climbing, there is still about 1100 feet per lap, which is no joke! This is the kind of course tha makes me want a helmet cam. Of course, if it's wet, we are all going to die:cool:

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
You guys are in for a treat. The organisers have taken out some of the worst climbs, and the stupid, no payoff, straight down the mountain descent, and added A LOT of stunning new singletrack. Seriously this place has some serious flow. I didn't want to leave. If it wasn't getting dark I would have just kept riding till I ran out of food. As for the climbing, there is still about 1100 feet per lap, which is no joke! This is the kind of course tha makes me want a helmet cam. Of course, if it's wet, we are all going to die:cool:

Thanks for the info. Which other course in the H2H calendar is it most similar to in your opinion? Almost sounds like a tougher Lewis Morris. Rocky? Fireroad climbs? Thanks!

F

FallGirl1430

Thanks for the info. Which other course in the H2H calendar is it most similar to in your opinion? Almost sounds like a tougher Lewis Morris. Rocky? Fireroad climbs? Thanks!

My opinion Blue Mtn/Peekskill is the most technically fun course in the H2H series. Mostly single track with double track climbs. Loaded with roots, rock climbs and logs and a bunch of nasties thrown in. Tommy and I rode Tymor in a snow storm, frozen trails and loads of smud too. My other fav is Rumble in the Jungle, not to many hard climbs but alot of flowing single track, and lotsa short ups and downs. It has similar baby head rocks as Wayway, but they are more spread out so lines are many. I won my class there last year so I'm partial. Lewis Morris I think had more double track with quite a bit of climbs and really nice down hills. The climbs to me aren't lung busters but there alot.
I think the toughest course of all might be Plattekill Ski area in Roxbury, NY which is part of the newly formed NY State race series. It has killer 1/2 mile + climbs with scary downhills and TONS of boulders, drop offs, roots and logs.
Yikes, Tommy and I raced there last year and we survived ... barely. To get to the start/finish line one needs to take a chair lift to the top of the mountain.

Fallgirl ... :)

Top Bottom