TM progress & concerns...

betta285

yeah, i know.:eek:
My lame BMX helmet has been sufficing until i lay down the dough for a nice XC one.

Jim

THATmanMANNY

Success!

Hello ya'll enthusiastic bunches of people,

I am happy to inform you that I have been in touch with the individual who will be able to help our efforts and he has received an OK to work with us. While I will be ironing out this process with meetings, proposals,and such, I ask of you to please not "step on my toes" by going out there and do non-approved trail work. Maintaining a trail is not the same as building/working on a trail. Please don't go work on the trails but feel free to maintain them by moving downed trees & bushwacking.

I am stating this again that the preserve is Rutgers property. It is not a "no man's land". It is Rutger's land. Please be patience.

THANKS!
Manny :D

sixseven

Any news on this? My easy go-to ride and I am eager to put some time into making it better for everyone. What's the good word?

Deezul

Awesome! It would be great to see a decent trail happen in the preserve. I think RU will be more then happy to allow you to build there. In my experience they pretty much allow you to do whatever so long as they don't have to pay for anything. With the stadium expansion blowing up in their face currently, they won't fund anything.

THATmanMANNY

Met with Lathrop

I just met with Professor Lathrop. It went very well. He browsed through my brief proposal about how the Preserve needs attention and what general things can be done to some parts. The proposal had descriptions, pictures, existing trail maps, and future prospects. Nothing too specific as far as new reroutes or new trails from GPS or anything, that will have to come later.

Lathrop seems to be very understanding about this matter and totally agrees that the Preserve needs better trails and has even been on some Somerset County Park trail maintenances. He is even a mtb'er! :cool: He will now need to pass this on to the Dean who oversees the Preserve and push for something to hopefully go down down in the spring. :D

djm

I'd be able to help out with some TM on this. I would definitely use the trails as I work 2 minutes away on hoes lane. Thats right I said HOES :)

MTBTyler

It looks like alot more people have been riding here than I expected. Ive seen alot more tire marks and the trails are pretty clean.

THATmanMANNY

sorry i missed this...

So here is the deal. Running with my ideas, Professor Rick Lathrope has submitted a proposal to Dean Goodman about the trail system's issues. Rick will meet with the Dean to discuss soon and he will update me after. Right now it's still a waiting game and he apologizes for the slow process.

Neilism

I Owe Norm $10
Any updates on this? Just found the thread, and after a couple years of getting chewed up by the vicious overgrowth over there Id love to help turn it into something wonderful.

mtbiskool

Any updates on this? Just found the thread, and after a couple years of getting chewed up by the vicious overgrowth over there Id love to help turn it into something wonderful.

Yeah I agree I think that this place has awesome potential.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
It is relatively small compared to say 6 Mile. Just head over there and hit it, you can't get lost there.

not so much getting worried about getting lost, but getting lost and running into the wrong person... :hmmm::D

Top Bottom