TM progress & concerns...

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Couple of weeks ago, when I went there the trail seemed to be trimmed by the entrance, Figured someone was looking after it. Last week, it was overgrown and there were stray logs chilling on the trails.

Also noticed a line up of brand spanking Honda Insights belonging to RU grounds. They purchased a million Ford Focus three years ago and all they do is drive around parking lots and chill out to give tickets. Now they need hybrids??? News ones???? I think they are keen on spending money into stupid stadiums and acquiring more vehicles than take care of what matters most.......... educating and increasing outdoor activity. But again, they dont make money out of the RUEP trails, so that explains their negligence.

maybe they're leases?

smufguy

Hey Soundz, they could be (it makes sense), but its added cost and begs the question..... why?. Seems like everything is new on campus as of late. I drive through livingston campus everyday to get to work, and from patrol cars to buses, they all look rather new.

ChrisRU

Any news here? I'm new to the boards and a Rutgers student and wouldn't mind lending a hand if need be. I've ridden here several times and it definitely has some potential.

RonC

ZGOZZ Macman
Yes is there any news, do you need help in talking to anybody there to speed this up?

THATmanMANNY

The Word

ONE YEAR LATER...
We are ready to get this ball rolling. RU has the waivers drafted and I will be meeting with Rick at the end of this week to review the waiver and discuss potential work. To kick things off, I think we have come to an agreement that the first TM will include garbage cleanup, trimming, and a small project. So we will be moving dirt! Or thorn bushes :D I will try my best to squeeze a date in between the holiday madness. Early december or something as long the ground doesn't freeze over.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT ALREADY!

RonC

ZGOZZ Macman
ONE YEAR LATER...
We are ready to get this ball rolling. RU has the waivers drafted and I will be meeting with Rick at the end of this week to review the waiver and discuss potential work. To kick things off, I think we have come to an agreement that the first TM will include garbage cleanup, trimming, and a small project. So we will be moving dirt! Or thorn bushes :D I will try my best to squeeze a date in between the holiday madness. Early december or something as long the ground doesn't freeze over.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT ALREADY!
Good Job

ChrisRU

Does anybody actually ride anything in the jump area? Everything seems to be in dangerous disrepair, and it seems like most of the hits would be suited for 20" wheels anyway. Although I wouldn't really know, I have never seen anything purpose built for 26" freeride, I used to ride BMX though. Regardless, it seems that section either needs some repair or flattening.

Deezul

Maybe we can talk to some like minded folks, the Rutgers Outdoors club comes to mind, and grab some free labor?

Also, I believe the Insights that parktran has were given to them by Honda to diddle around with as a trial thing...they did that with a few Natural Gas Civics in previous years

rlb

I plan to give some RU love (not the eco preserve kind), I'll keep my eyes peeled for dates!

smufguy

Now thats a song to my ears. Count me in, cold, rain, snow, I dont give a poop. I will be there. Problem is, not during the week, but defenitely weekends I am there all day if need be, to trim that stuff down. I think it would be fun to do stuff at night, but scared that the 'lurkers' would gang rape us all. :scared:

bikerdude15

Does anybody actually ride anything in the jump area? Everything seems to be in dangerous disrepair, and it seems like most of the hits would be suited for 20" wheels anyway. Although I wouldn't really know, I have never seen anything purpose built for 26" freeride, I used to ride BMX though. Regardless, it seems that section either needs some repair or flattening.

i do the jumps there, really sketchy but i do em.... i wrecked a few days ago, after the first jump my back wheel washed out cus of all of the leaves and i smashed into a tree hard as all hell(dislocated my arm((again)) bruised leg and arm) o and i ride a 26" dj bike

THATmanMANNY

Sorry, been out of the loop for a couple days.
Thanks for filling in JP ;)

Tentative date is Dec 19/20 but that might be a toughy to be successful as that is within the exam period at RU and we would like students to come out. Also, it's too close to christmas and ppl might be bogged down. The Dec 12th/13th weekend is out because Rick is away that weekend. It may have to be 19/20 but I'm going to bring up the possibility of making it happen as soon as Dec 5/6. Nothing official yet. It will probably be more clear next week.

Top Bottom