TM progress & concerns...

targheehucker

Tentative date is Dec 19/20 but that might be a toughy to be successful as that is within the exam period at RU and we would like students to come out. Also, it's too close to christmas and ppl might be bogged down. The Dec 12th/13th weekend is out because Rick is away that weekend. It may have to be 19/20 but I'm going to bring up the possibility of making it happen as soon as Dec 5/6. Nothing official yet. It will probably be more clear next week.

Actually, Sat the 20th would be a perfect date to get students involved. Exams end on the following Monday and 90% of the students wouldn't have one on that day, but would still be on campus. This weekend would be a bad idea because of the home football game. If you need communication to the University at large, let me know...

Last edited:

THATmanMANNY

Sat 12/19, 9am, light trail work

Something has come up and Professor Lathrop won't be available this weekend. Therefore, there is NO reroute TM BUT I have been given the okay to get a clean-up crew together.

I will be going on bike and bag with small trimming tools and garbage bag for trash. The plan is to ride the whole Preserve and clean up along as we go. If you would like to join me, PM me your e-mail address. I will fwd you a RU waiver that needs to be signed and faxed prior to trail work.

I guess you can say this is the first unofficial offical TM. For now this waiver process is cumbersome because Lathrop can't be there but if you've been waiting to show this place some love, now is the time. Your cooperation is much appreciated.

Thanks
Manny

Last edited:

sixseven

Manny, nice work. I moved away a while back but would love to put in some time on the trails in the spring. You have conquered the no mans land of academia, no small task. I hope that place grows and becomes a place that is worth a visit from everyone here.

BTW, there are some more trails across the road by the NE Corridor rr tracks that are pretty fun too, and a nice open field that would be ideal for a pump track....just trying to think ahead in in a positive way. :)

THATmanMANNY

thanks sixseven
I was wondering where you wandered off to :hmmm:

Thanks for the email addresses guys!
If it does flurry Satuday morning, the TM is still on. If it is raining we stay home. It should be a fun day!

smufguy

If it does flurry Satuday morning, the TM is still on. If it is raining we stay home. It should be a fun day! - THATmanMANNY

I just got out of my meeting at work and with the weather being ' not pleasant' I am to come in. :cry:

Anything up for Dec 20th?

RonC

ZGOZZ Macman
There talking about snow not coming until late Morin.
But we are talking about 6 to 8 inches of snow...

THATmanMANNY

Check here Saturday morning 8am. We will look outside and make the call then.

Flurries just starting - it's a go
Snow snow - no go
Rain- no go

We will cut the TM short if it starts coming down while we are out.
On the other hand, if we can it because of snow snow I'm going to ride 6mile! :D

Last edited:

Wobbegong

Check here Saturday morning 8am. We will look outside and make the call then.

Flurries just starting - it's a go
Snow snow - no go
Rain- no go

We will cut the TM short if it starts coming down while we are out.
On the other hand, if we can it because of snow snow I'm going to ride 6mile! :D

I like this plan. :D

I will have a bob trailer full of clippers, so if you don't have tools to bring, its ok. :getsome:

If its snowing, we ride Six Mile Run and eat tacos and buritos after, its a win win!

THATmanMANNY

Tm canceled!!!

Well, I had really hoped to get some work done today but it's borderline "flurrying" and snowing. It's getting windy and just the tiniest bit more snow every time I look out.

12/19/09 TM Canceled

I will keep everyone updated on the next TM date.

Edit: Nooow it's SNOWING...

Last edited:

Neilism

I Owe Norm $10
Damn you Manny! Checked here at 8am and headed out......Luckily it only takes 30 minutes to ride the whole place....... realized noone was there and headed back to bed.

THATmanMANNY

Well, at least you got out to ride? :D

Sorry man, I tried to wait it out a little but no luck. Snow now... not so much :(

smufguy

Im still here in the office and I dont see any snow on the ground. The sky is gloomy, but the snow is hiding. What a waste of my time locked in this place. TM would have been a lot more fun than this

THATmanMANNY

Any dates that we might shoot for to do some work there?
I think we will wait until end of winter to get a proper TM in. The cold/weather just doesn't cooperate with people and trail work. In the meantime, however, I will probably try to get some people out to do some bushwhacking. I will keep everyone informed.

RonC

ZGOZZ Macman
I think we will wait until end of winter to get a proper TM in. The cold/weather just doesn't cooperate with people and trail work. In the meantime, however, I will probably try to get some people out to do some bushwhacking. I will keep everyone informed.

Cool let me know. I am about 5 minutes from there.....

MtBKAB

I read everything on this forum about this Preserve and its "special inhabitants", and armed with that knowledge, decided to see these trails myself anyway. Three of us hit these trails Sat. Jan. 2nd and had a good time exploring. Other than a couple dog-walkers, no one else was there (it was cold!)...well except for one suspect man who, upon seeing a group of us perched on the trails, decided to leave. These trails are great for speeding around. TM is needed, and we'd be happy to help out with any organized effort. If more bikers were to use this place, it may help remove some of the "shady" human element. I'm sure the bitter cold weather kept out most of the lurkers, but overall, we were happy speeding around the place...and glad the only logs we had to deal with were wood, not flesh!

Wobbegong

I read everything on this forum about this Preserve and its "special inhabitants", and armed with that knowledge, decided to see these trails myself anyway. Three of us hit these trails Sat. Jan. 2nd and had a good time exploring. Other than a couple dog-walkers, no one else was there (it was cold!)...well except for one suspect man who, upon seeing a group of us perched on the trails, decided to leave. These trails are great for speeding around. TM is needed, and we'd be happy to help out with any organized effort. If more bikers were to use this place, it may help remove some of the "shady" human element. I'm sure the bitter cold weather kept out most of the lurkers, but overall, we were happy speeding around the place...and glad the only logs we had to deal with were wood, not flesh!

Hopefully, we will see some good improvements at the Preserve. Keep an eye here and at jorba.org for future trail dates.

bikerdude15

most Rutgers students are home for the holidays

Top Bottom