The Stout Thread

93_de_la_senne_stouterik.jpg

Stout with a belgian flare. First impressions are very good.

This week I had the Exit 1 from flying fish... it's an oytser stout. It's Great! The oyster taste, if there is one, is very slight but theres a dryness at the end that's interesting.

This week I had the Exit 1 from flying fish... it's an oytser stout. It's Great! The oyster taste, if there is one, is very slight but theres a dryness at the end that's interesting.

I just had this last night. Very, very good! :drooling: As my glass was almost empty I noticed a bit of a sediment at the bottom, swirled the glass around a bit to get it all. :popcorn:

I just had this last night. Very, very good! As my glass was almost empty I noticed a bit of a sediment at the bottom, swirled the glass around a bit to get it all.

I noticed the sediment too... i wasn't sure if it's from the oysters or the delaware bay;)

Dogfish Head World Wide Stout. Wowzers! A bit high on alcohol for my tastes in a stout. But maybe I like it. :D

Dog Fish Head Chicory Stout.

Did some bar side research on the chicory last night and learned this flower looking thing is often used as a coffee substitute, which is where this brew derives all of its flavor.

Its a bit to much coffee flavor IMO. Also very bitter up front which I did like. Looking beside that and taking the beer for what it was, I actually enjoyed it. So much I had two.

This one is also awesome!

Rogue DOUBLE chocolate stout is amazing (red bottle)...little more money than their regular chocolate stout, but stronger & tastes better. Having it now, actually. I actually drink all good beer at room temp...Call me crazy, but i just think it tastes better that way. Imperial Choklat Stout is also really tasty. Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Fritz & Ken's Pioneer Stout is freakin' awesome too. And Dogfish Head World Wide Stout rocks!!!

Triumph-Oatmeal Stout

I had the Oatmeal Stout at Triumph Brewery- Princeton a couple weeks ago.

mmmmm! :)

Cloverleaf Tavern has Kentucky Breakfast Stout on tap, but probably will only last tonight!

Brooklyn black chocolate stout on tap at the The Shepard & the Knucklehead Pub...freakin' awesome, strong...tastes better room temp though

Back
Top Bottom