The Stout Thread

VanDbtRiver

Oskar-Blue-Ten-Fidy.gif

these are pretty good. oskar blues makes some real strong tasting beers....but they are good. fully roasted is an understatement

a nasty filthy mountainbikin' beer that resembles used oil from a diesel motor and yet the only beer that I will buy in a 4 pack... of cans. I think we just became best friends ten fidy:drooling:

pedals

Chocolate... Stout... Sounds like heaven right now... I have nada and I'm oh so thirsty.:( Santa, are you listening????

walter

Fourth Party
I almost picked that up a couple weeks ago. How is it?

They are very, very good. But if I remember correctly, almost 11%. I told Norm and a few others a story about the first time I tried these. I was sitting in my office on the computer, drank about 3 of them when my wife came in to talk to me.

All I remember her saying is, "what the hell is wrong with you":drooling:

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
They are very, very good. But if I remember correctly, almost 11%. I told Norm and a few others a story about the first time I tried these. I was sitting in my office on the computer, drank about 3 of them when my wife came in to talk to me.

All I remember her saying is, "what the hell is wrong with you":drooling:

Ha! I'm putting that on my must buy list! I'll just make sure I have them one at a time. ;)

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
See early pages of this thread for previous conversation about the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout. New for this year- it's now being sold in 4-packs instead of 6-packs, at least here in NYC. Picked up a 4 pack last night. Pretty good this year.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
See early pages of this thread for previous conversation about the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout. New for this year- it's now being sold in 4-packs instead of 6-packs, at least here in NYC. Picked up a 4 pack last night. Pretty good this year.

I'm seeing more and more 4 packs. Is this like the legend about some guy who worked at a shampoo company suggesting they add "repeat" to the directions and they doubled their sales? I'm thinking that someone thought, "Hey, 4 packs are in!" and now we get 2/3 of what we used to.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
I'm thinking that someone thought, "Hey, 4 packs are in!" and now we get 2/3 of what we used to.

It's not a bad move, IMO- they lowered the price on the 4 pack so you're paying less. Last year a 6 pack put me out bout $13, and now the 4 pack is about $8.50, so there was no net gain in price per bottle.

ABV on it this year is now 10%, fyi...

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I'm about to try the Brooklyn chocolate. Two tonight and two tomarrow.:cool:

Mmmmm these are good. My daughter helped clear the table and tossed the last inch and a half left in my glass.:mad: I'm trying to decide if I should compensate my loss by opening another.:hmmm:

LandCruiser

It's not a bad move, IMO- they lowered the price on the 4 pack so you're paying less. Last year a 6 pack put me out bout $13, and now the 4 pack is about $8.50, so there was no net gain in price per bottle.

ABV on it this year is now 10%, fyi...

4 pack is on sale at A&P Liquors (Pt Pleasant) for $6.99

Top Bottom