Stephens State Park Conditions

Trails were in great shape today, don’t know how they will be after the crotch rocket I saw going in over by the maize starts trying to ride them.

Rode this morning. A few more puddles than my ride last week. We got heavy rain over the weekend but nothing in the last few days.

Also, they were mowing the weeds behind the gate, so watch out for tractors. They made a few ruts in some of the roads too.

Trails are in good shape but there’s a tree down on Trestle not to far from the little double whoops section. Tried to move it off the trail but it’s far too heavy.

Has anybody been to Stephens since Tuesday? Wondering how much damage it took from the hurricane.

Got a short recon ride/rolling maintenance in this afternoon On the upper trails By Firetower. there is a lot of small stuff all over the place and large tree down at the end of campfire trail. large limb down on behind fire tower trail, I was able to trim it up and make it a log over. I imagine it’s Just the tip of the iceberg unfortunately. Trail maint session scheduled for this Saturday @ 8:30, the more hands the better....
BCDC3A2B-4642-485E-9C9F-6E781D2E8F1E.jpeg
BCDC3A2B-4642-485E-9C9F-6E781D2E8F1E.jpeg
03B09FBD-7560-40E8-AF51-19DB7C8706BC.jpeg
03B09FBD-7560-40E8-AF51-19DB7C8706BC.jpeg

I was also out there yesterday. Obviously some good work has been done. Thanks. Of note, big mess near top of pots and pans, but a small chainsaw will handle. It's mostly the top of the tree.

@HiFiGuy is 100% correct. Trail Maintenance this Saturday. For those who have been enjoying the fruits of this park, please come out and help as there is a lot that needs to be done.

Details below:

Hello all

Stephens Trail Maintenance

8/8/20 Saturday 8:30am - 12:30pm

Working the trails below the Lime Kiln.

Meet at the the bottom of the white rumbly climb on Waterloo Valley Rd.. (I think google maps will get you there with this address.)

46 Waterloo Rd

Budd Lake, NJ 07828

https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...4d18e990!8m2!3d40.8896942!4d-74.7889066?hl=en

Bring yourself, water, gloves, and a snack.

********Please rsvp via email so I know how many tools to bring.********** snfilipponi@optonline.net

Feel free to forward this to anyone who may also be interested.

Hope to see you there.

Sincerely,

Steve Filipponi

Jorba Chapter Lead, Stephens State Park

p.s. Thanks for your help…. It's huge! Be sure to ride the work, it makes it all worth it.

The dirt is great out there, and I want to commend the work everyone has done cleaning up the trails so far. There is a large bunch on trees down on the blue trail (I find that trail to be a hidden gem in the park). I moved as much of the small stuff that I could off the trail when riding but this was a little too much.
trees.jpg

trails.jpg

The dirt is great out there, and I want to commend the work everyone has done cleaning up the trails so far. There is a large bunch on trees down on the blue trail (I find that trail to be a hidden gem in the park). I moved as much of the small stuff that I could off the trail when riding but this was a little too much.
View attachment 136778
View attachment 136779
Lol I sent same pic right to the source
20200811_072332.jpg

And the one on white between golden extension and blue.
20200811_071803.jpg

Man look at that air is even steamy looking.

Much cooler yesterday and just a great day to be in the woods. Saw a bear on white and a couple hunters setting up a treestand. That reminded me that hunting season starts next month.

larger tree across top of Meister Berger (will need chainsaw) - also marked on TrailForks
I was just coming here to post that tree down.
Fun day out there but since the trails were a little greasy, we figured it probably wasn’t the best day to bomb down tally Ho, so we mixed up the loop a little bit today and did some different downhill, we climbed the Hally Toe and took the unmarked trail that’s right past the golden trail, then White MeisterBerger to Meister Berger to the re-route the Climbed back up white rumbly climb and took that reroute a second time. That’s a pretty fun section over there that I don’t think it get that’s a pretty fun section over there.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions