Stephens State Park Conditions

xc62701

I forgot to mention that last weekend I was in land of the lost by the lake and there was a decent sized tree down. There’s was one other somewhere that I can’t remember...

Cassinonorth

These Facebook groups are seriously concerning
Screenshot_20200908-085902.png

phillychris498

Big tree down on the Trestle trail. The trunk is fully on the ground, not suspended in air, so it could make a fun log-over... but it's a pretty big tree. I cleared out the small amount I could with a pocket saw.

jackx

A few days ago, there was a decent-sized tree across PreRake about 200 feet from the intersection with TheRake. So if coming up Teepee Rock trail/TheRake, turn left onto PreRake and the downed tree is about 200-300 feet from the intersection.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Big tree down on the Trestle trail. The trunk is fully on the ground, not suspended in air, so it could make a fun log-over... but it's a pretty big tree. I cleared out the small amount I could with a pocket saw.

this tree was taken care of.

A few days ago, there was a decent-sized tree across PreRake about 200 feet from the intersection with TheRake. So if coming up Teepee Rock trail/TheRake, turn left onto PreRake and the downed tree is about 200-300 feet from the intersection.

this was taken care of as well.

Not by me, but I rode both trails yesterday and all clear.

pygmypony

not conditions related (well, not completely)...but just a comment - i rode stephens for my first time this past weekend with a couple of buddies, and man was it AWESOME!

we did this route...which i approximately hi-jacked from @jdog

probably missed a bunch of fun stuff...and ended up climbing the white trail instead of hally toe to get to the top of Tally Ho, which was FUN AF!

anyways, thanks for listening, and thanks to all who maintain the trails there...they were in phenomal shape!

can't wait to get back up there for some more fun!

jackx

Hunting season started earlier in the month. Please be aware that hunters will be in the woods during a variety of different seasons until mid-March 2021.
Thanks for the warning. I guess its time to ride on Sundays if they don't hunt on Sundays, and start wearing orange on other days.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions