Stephens State Park Conditions

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I believe the suggested route is up Halley To and down Talley Ho. Talley Ho has been repurposed with a layout for bombing down and is a not to miss trail in Stephens now. A HUGE kudos to those that worked on this. A very nice re-purpose of a trail that was beat up.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I believe the suggested route is up Halley To and down Talley Ho. Talley Ho has been repurposed with a layout for bombing down and is a not to miss trail in Stephens now. A HUGE kudos to those that worked on this. A very nice re-purpose of a trail that was beat up.
I believe that tally ho up is barbarian and should be labeled one way, so unless we are calling the new climb tally ho 2. That new climb is anything but a tally ho ? more like sloggerfest.

roc

You’ll need to show me!

xc62701

More like up Meisterberger, down Tally Ho, up Hally Toe and then across the top of the ridge. :cool:

Last edited:

xc62701

I explored some of the dreaded climbs by the campground side of stephens today. While I was out there I'm pretty sure I almost rode over a timber rattler(by a logover near the mulch pit), a garter snake(for sure), the biggest black bear I've ever seen(Golden Trail Ext), and a few deer. It was like wild america out there. Saw only a few other riders and hikers on what was an amazing day on the trails.

Nobles Road was bumpy as always , Cooler was a fun ride to the trestle trail. Think 8 others were spotted. No bear though. Saw more cars than I thought I would. The weekend will be a trainwreck there and Allamuchy.

dingo369

TH = Tally Ho.
I only went up it last week and haven't gone down it yet.
Please avoid climbing this trail as some of the speeds reached while descending are around 20 mph. A sign is in the works.
Thank you.

jackx

Please avoid climbing this trail as some of the speeds reached while descending are around 20 mph. A sign is in the works.
Thank you.
A One Way sign would be great.

I will plan to go up the White Rumbly climb and MeisterBurger.

It’s funny I find meisterburger to be a really fun downhill section, I see a lot of people like to ride it up. I was wondering about a trail saw, when you come out of the white meisterburger and onto the white trail heading (toward the park entrance) there is an unmarked trail right across the fire road. Is that a rogue trail? I didn’t follow it in case it was.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It’s funny I find meisterburger to be a really fun downhill section, I see a lot of people like to ride it up. I was wondering about a trail saw, when you come out of the white meisterburger and onto the white trail heading (toward the park entrance) there is an unmarked trail right across the fire road. Is that a rogue trail? I didn’t follow it in case it was.
It's a known trail to the trail crew, that's all I got.

Fat Trout

John there is a new trail right next to TH climb that it needs all the traffic it can get to break it in good ?
Yup that's the one to use.... TH was fun and I made some speed on it that would make a meet and greet with someone coming up really funky. Hope that never happens. I was crazy fast on my first go once I got the feel. Next one is gonna be Ludicrous speed for sure.

1589590962299.png

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yup that's the one to use.... TH was fun and I made some speed on it that would make a meet and greet with someone coming up really funky. Hope that never happens. I was crazy fast on my first go once I got the feel. Next one is gonna be Ludicrous speed for sure.

View attachment 128868
last week i did 4 TH runs but only climbed HT once, i walked TH the other 3 times just to session. I see more of this in my future :)

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I liked it because it has me thinking already about how to make the next run. I hardly remember the F-er but I have flashes of what I did and what I can do better. I love that it makes me want to....
Yeah there is that one drop to a turn that I kept dragging brake into, need to trust my tires. Eventually take that drop into the turn ?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions