Six Mile freezing nicely...

I was pretty stocked to se that it was still frozen. Very good conditions. Looks like a deep freeze for tonight. We'll see how much rain we get on Friday.

If my lawn is any indication of the trail conditions, no more frozen......just squishee - might dry out quick though tomorrow

is 6mile run the trial right off of rt27 in the soccor feild? cause i saw it as franklin trails on dirt world.com...which sucks...or is franklin part of it

park in the lot by the soccer fields in the back corner. Trailhead is down and to the left. Much much goodness to be seen. If you not familiar w/ the place your opinion may not be so high until you have someone take you out.

is 6mile run the trial right off of rt27 in the soccor feild? cause i saw it as franklin trails on dirt world.com...which sucks...or is franklin part of it

6m has two entrances, the one that you mention (27 side) and the main parking lot on the intersection of canal rd. and blackwellsmills rd. (canal side). On dirt world, the 27 side is called franklin trails.

park in the lot by the soccer fields in the back corner. Trailhead is down and to the left. Much much goodness to be seen. If you not familiar w/ the place your opinion may not be so high until you have someone take you out.

me i dont get high...any more...ive done that whole section a few times if i cross that road with the fast cars then go up the hill there is another section but only went thru it a little bit once cause i got wet in that creek...

me i dont get high...any more...ive done that whole section a few times if i cross that road with the fast cars then go up the hill there is another section but only went thru it a little bit once cause i got wet in that creek...

after you cross the road you will come to the Y. If you go right it will take you to the creek, if you go left there is a whole more bunch of miles that will loop you to the other side of the creek. Either way, you still have to cross it.

my friend was down by the canal entrance today and said that there was a sign put up in the parking lot that said the whole place was flooded...

I am headed out on foot to do some trail work today if anyone is up for it.

J-

my friend was down by the canal entrance today and said that there was a sign put up in the parking lot that said the whole place was flooded...

im going this weekend...im prob gonna have 2 1st timers with me 1st time there for them 2nd time out on trails...let me know if anyone is going i park at rt27 not sure how to get to the trail head but i like that entrance anyway...would be nice to have someone to rip with and show me around...my skills are average so uh so i dont know...i can meet saturday just me but sunday will have 2 slugs...ahahaha...jk...anytime saturday...rain monday tuesday and wednesday...that blows

Last edited:
the trail head is in the top left (orienting urself from the entrance) conner of the parking lot and it starts directly by the gravel so it's hard to miss

Last edited:
the trail head is in the top left (orienting urself from the entrance) conner of the parking lot and it starts directly by the gravel so it's hard to miss

oh...sorry you miss understood me but or i typed it wrong prob...i know that entrance thats the one i use all the time...the other entrance is what i dont know...hope the rain holds off or is light...either way let me know if anyone is gonna ride saturday or sunday

damn, i would have come if i had read this this morning and could have got at least 4 others to come too.

We spent about two hours doing some trail cutting and water management.

We wer loving Global Warming today. 50+ in Feb?? WTF??

This was the first effort that we had to complete in order to build a great new section on our 1st official trail day of 08'.

This will be our biggest one day trail build ever.

Keep the 1st Sunday in March open for heavy diggin.

There is tons of potential for log piles in this section.

The Rangers asked " can you guys makes some more of those pile things??"

Yes!

BTW I need some 4 x4 's 2 x 6's and 2 x4's if anyone has some hanging around.

Thanks

J_

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions