Singlespeed-a-polooza

maddawg

a message from the Mayor......

Dear Singlespeeders, first off, thank you for pre-registering for SSAP! By not fussing over last minute details, we are able to concentrate on what will make this one of your most enjoyable races of the year. The course at the moment is extremely dry and fast...doesn't seem to be any major precip in the near future. Packet pickup opens at 6:30 and closes promptly at 8:30, with the race starting at 9. We ask that you make a concerted effort to adhere to this time schedule, so we can get the race underway in a timely fashion. There will be beer and hotdogs after the race, and once again we stress if you are not legal age, please don't put us in a precarious situation for future parties...I mean races! We will post results as soon as humanly possible, and we suggest unless you are on a tight schedule to get home, you stick around as we have some great prizes, and free schwag for the crowd. "Hawaiian" Mike and myself look forward to bringing you an event which is destined to become a tri-state classic! See you on the 25th...The Mayor

steve336

Rode the course Saturday morning . it was AMAZING!! one of the best rides I ever had. Hope to make it out Sunday to demo some Niners.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
6 days left .. How should I prepare these 6 days? My tentative plan:

Tues: Long intense ride
Wed: Light ride
Thur: Short intense ride
Fri: Light ride
Sat: Rest
Sun: I WIN!

soundz good?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
6 days left .. How should I prepare these 6 days? My tentative plan:

Tues: Long intense ride
Wed: Light ride
Thur: Short intense ride
Fri: Light ride
Sat: Rest
Sun: I WIN!

soundz good?

Your supposed to take the week off. Eat junk food and drink lots of beer. Catch up on Idol gives back and Dancing with stars. I heard 6 of long trails Sat night is the killer pre race fuel...

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Your supposed to take the week off. Eat junk food and drink lots of beer. Catch up on Idol gives back and Dancing with stars. I heard 6 of long trails Sat night is the killer pre race fuel...

Oh really? Dancing with the stars, no riding .. this week is gonna be torture.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
pixy's word to new racers: training was done a few days ago. Don't over do it this week. Don't do or eat anything new. Show up at the race early and get in a warm up. Don't place too much importance on the result, but be ready to learn stuff you never thought about. Relax and most of all, have fun. :)

seredyns

Does anyone know where the parking area is? This will be my first time up there. Is it on route 207 or Weed road? Thanks.

davos

parking

Does anyone know where the parking area is? This will be my first time up there. Is it on route 207 or Weed road? Thanks.

There is small lot right at the top of weed rd from route 207. They will be parking cars in that lot and most likely along weed rd as they have done this for past races

al415

Banned
what determines your place at the start-line? Will there be riddles? Or perhaps a poetry writing contest?

Oh, and does my broken toe get me any special allowances? I'm thinking maybe a five minute head start!

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
what determines your place at the start-line? Will there be riddles? Or perhaps a poetry writing contest?

Oh, and does my broken toe get me any special allowances? I'm thinking maybe a five minute head start!

You start where you feel comfortable. The first section of ST in this race we are going to be packed in. But once we come out and make the left onto Weed Rd. that's where we'll get split up. *IMO* Best bet is to use the first section of ST to get blood moving then recover on the climb (yes recover on the climb)< what I mean is let your legs spin you up the climb and don't blow up, just breath and pedal. You also want to have as much of the field behind you as possible when you enter Major Mike. This is in a perfect world where all your race plans and preparations fall right into place...I'm still kinda new to racing so this is just the way I see it

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's

a sixer of long trail is HIGHLY reco'd by the bonefish...along with toasting your garmin and forgetting to hydrate. pure success. :D

Panhead

You start where you feel comfortable. The first section of ST in this race we are going to be packed in. But once we come out and make the left onto Weed Rd. that's where we'll get split up. *IMO* Best bet is to use the first section of ST to get blood moving then recover on the climb (yes recover on the climb)< what I mean is let your legs spin you up the climb and don't blow up, just breath and pedal. You also want to have as much of the field behind you as possible when you enter Major Mike. This is in a perfect world where all your race plans and preparations fall right into place...I'm still kinda new to racing so this is just the way I see it

Pffft... You will want to line up with the Pro/Expert guys. At the gun get into a good spin, by the time everyone else goes you should be hitting the road again. Now PIN IT!!! Get right on the rivet and hold it as long as you can. When the pack catches you if the timing is right you should be cresting Major Mike. Heart rate should be at least 30 BPM over Max. That HUGE breakfast you had along with last night's Long Trails will be itching to come out. Let it fly!!.

You will immediately be legend! Stories will be told at every SSaP until the end of time.

Top Bottom