Raritan 911: Robocop

jklett

Borrowed from Readington Township Police last night. Escaped sheep casing the neighborhood. Only in Hunterdon.

View attachment 116332
Probably about 20 years ago my friend and I were coming back over the Weston Canal road bridge into Manville at around 3am and saw a sheep running down the middle of the road being "pursued" by 3 Manville cruisers. Everyone we told accused us of being impaired but we were both 100% sober that night.

The Kalmyk

Probably about 20 years ago my friend and I were coming back over the Weston Canal road bridge into Manville at around 3am and saw a sheep running down the middle of the road being "pursued" by 3 Manville cruisers. Everyone we told accused us of being impaired but we were both 100% sober that night.
Kirstie Alley prolly set em loose

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh shit! That reminds me!

This had to be like 2001 or 2002...

One midnight we somehow started talking about fainting goats. I convinced one of the other newer guys that a home in town had fainting goats (Bartles Corner Road between 31 and 523; they still have goats today). I told him if he hit the siren as he drove by slowly, sometimes they faint.

Well they had regular goats. I think it took him about six months of trying to get them to faint before I told him I made the fainting part up.

I really should stop at the house before I retire and tell them this story.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
https://www.nj.com/bergen/2020/01/n...down-after-prostitution-charges-cops-say.html

These articles make me smile because I know what the investigation report reads like and what the officers are doing behind the scenes. We shut one down maybe 10 years ago and the report was like a Danielle Steel novel:

"She touched my shaft"
"She told me I was very big"

The prosecutor's office had told us they would only prosecute the case if the undercover officer was asked about a happy ending, paid with the marked bills, was touched inappropriately, and did not "complete" the act. So we joked that it might take 2 or 3 times to be able to prosecute the case. The officer had lotions and Kleenex in his locker for the next month.

We maintain an overtime list for fair distribution for OT. So we created a second list, a Happy Ending list, which listed all the single officers by seniority who were next up for the undercover role.

Good times. Sometimes I can't believe I get paid to do this.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It amazes me that this day and age that prostitution is still illegal. Think of how much less crime there could be over this dumb law.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
It amazes me that in this day and age that there are still those with a self esteem so low that they will perform sex acts for money and that there are those willing to pay for someone to perform sex acts on them because they are not able to find mutually enjoyed sex.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
It amazes me that in this day and age that there are still those with a self esteem so low that they will perform sex acts for money and that there are those willing to pay for someone to perform sex acts on them because they are not able to find mutually enjoyed sex.

"You don't pay prostitutes to come to your house; you pay them to leave." Charlie Sheen.

Captain Brainstorm

In this world, there's a seat for every ass. Prostitution is for the lazy.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What a schill of elitism statement is that?
Not everyone lives in world of puppies kitties and rainbows.
Let's take a look at maybe the first criminal offense that could be affected if it were legal
1.Rape
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lega...idents-of-rape-and_b_58c83be1e4b01d0d473bce8a

ekuhn

Everyone's got their place in this world. Prostitution is a victimless crime and the world needs ditch diggers too.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I take it you didnt read the article
The article is 3 years old. The survey is 5 years old and covers a few years in the 90s to early 00s. And it's from a country with 300 million fewer people than the United States and one which has a much more lenient view of sex and prostitution.

"Overall we find only weak evidence of long-run effects for cities with and without licensing. It is not clear why the initial reductions in crime fade away over time...

If we consider the reductions in sexual violence to affect women more generally, then the fading out of effects in the medium- to long-run may reflect a short-lived thrill effect of tippelzones [prostitution zones] for potential offenders."

Top Bottom