Raritan 911: Robocop

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What a schill of elitism statement is that?
Not everyone lives in world of puppies kitties and rainbows.
Let's take a look at maybe the first criminal offense that could be affected if it were legal
1.Rape
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lega...idents-of-rape-and_b_58c83be1e4b01d0d473bce8a
Yeah, it's a bit more complicated then that. I've read the argument on both sides, IMO it should not be legalized. These articles are more comprehensive and take into account bigger studies.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2016/10/17/why-legalizing-prostitution-may-not-work/amp/

https://thehill.com/opinion/crimina...-could-end-sex-trafficking-investigations?amp

https://www.mic.com/articles/112814...n-16-years-since-decriminalizing-prostitution

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I can do a whole bunch of copy/paste on this with 100s of paper research. Models out there from countrys who legalized the oldest profession. Germany Netherlands and New Zealand all leagalized, most come up with safer and cleaner results with a reduction in crime.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a huge problem with equating legalizing prostitution with a reduction in rape. It puts the onus of reducing rape on sex workers.

Rapists rape. Period.

A prostitute can be raped while on the job and being paid for it. Rape is not kinky sex.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So at my job, you learn best when you get ridiculed. That way you don't make the same mistake twice.

The newer Dominican officer, seen earlier in the dove/pigeon picture, is doing really, really well. He gets it and I enjoy working with him. He's very solid, he's not afraid of making mistakes, and learns from them. That's all I can ask.

Officer DR got dispatched to a barefoot guy running around Rick's development talking crazy at 2am. I decided to respond with him in case he needed help and to see if it might actually be @rick81721 running around. Spoiler alert: it wasn't Rick. This time.

Officer DR and I arrived and determined the guy, nicknamed here as Shoeless Joe, is bonkers. He's hallucinating and hearing voices. DR didn't get far with him. I've dealt with him before and treated him fairly. I found out Shoeless Joe is using coke, snorting his anti-depressant medication, and using suboxone to treat his heroin addiction. Fine, so far that's pretty normal for us. Shoeless Joe says he was walking around the development to find the karate teacher that lives close by (yes, there is one and Officer DR is surprised I know that) so the karate teacher and Shoeless Joe can check his house for intruders (because he heard voices in the house).

Officer DR and I searched the house. Nothing.

I convinced Shoeless Joe that he should go for a behavioral health screening at the hospital.

Officer DR took Shoeless Joe upstairs to get some shoes and a jacket so we can transport him to the hospital. Shoeless Joe collected his medication, thinking he may be held for a few days. Officer DR watched him diligently. He saw Shoeless Joe open an Ibuprofen bottle and observed a small container that he thought to be a plastic vial of cocaine. I was downstairs listening to this transpire upstairs. Some words are exchanged and Officer DR handcuffed Shoeless Joe and brought him downstairs.

I read Shoeless Joe his Miranda rights and ask him why he wanted to bring cocaine to the hospital. Shoeless Joe is so impressionable that he said, "Man, I have no idea. I guess I was going to get rid of it. I'm not really sure. I thought I used all that I had."

Officer DR went in the kitchen to sort out the Ibuprofen from the "cocaine" and get it ready to place in an evidence bag when I hear him sigh heavily.

"Hey Sarge you can uncuff him."

I looked at Shoeless Joe confusedly. Shoeless Joe looked back at me even more confusedly.

"Why?"

"Um, just come here a second."

I sat Shoeless Joe down at his dining room table, still handcuffed, and walked into the kitchen. Officer DR looks like he's seen a ghost. He hands me a desiccant canister from the Ibuprofen bottle.

"This isn't cocaine."

"I know."

"You said it was cocaine."

"I know. I thought it was."

"It's not."

"No I know that."

"See, I'm not sure you do. Shoeless Joe isn't sure either. So can we unarrest him?"

Officer DR uncuffed Shoeless Joe.

"What do we say?"

With a smirk. "I'm sorry."

I assure Shoeless Joe that I will make fun of Officer DR in his honor. Shoeless Joe seemed satisfied and headed to the hospital with Officer DR. I covertly take a picture of the desiccant canister on my way out of the house. I went straight into the station to bang out some memes.

4563.jpeg4562.jpeg4561.jpeg

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
Great story - too bad it wasn't me! I see that karate van parked on Concord ridge all the time - guess that's part of his advertising. And on that desiccant - I could see the silica gel pouches being mistaken for drugs but the round hard plastic ones?? Memes well deserved. ?

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey @Carson do you guys ever do this in Raritan? I like how they call them "clowns":

We have, usually still images, but unfortunately the suspects are usually wearing masks or hoodies or something to cover their faces. Criminals are getting smart to cameras everywhere.

The amount of unlocked cars in driveways is staggering. Some with keys in them.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
We have, usually still images, but unfortunately the suspects are usually wearing masks or hoodies or something to cover their faces. Criminals are getting smart to cameras everywhere.

Yeah, apparently a ton of those key-in-car idtios live in bedmister and the thieves know it.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, apparently a ton of those key-in-car idtios live in bedmister and the thieves know it.

Happened to a salesman I know and he lives in Westfield.

Wife leaves keys in AMG Mercedes Truck and wonders why it got stolen. Duh.

The entire I-78 corridor is getting crushed. Union, Watchung, Warren, Bernards, Bedminster, Readington, Tewksbury.

We have had some car burglaries, stolen vehicles. West Amwell and Lambertville, too.

They never hit the same area twice in the same month, so it's been difficult.

I parked next to a open car at Walmart when I responded there for a call a few months ago. Windows open, doors unlocked, and key in ignition. I was so annoyed I took the car keys with me and he was standing at his car when I got back to mine. Moron. LOCK YOUR SHIT!

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
We recently had a rash of car burglaries not far from us in Powder Mill. My wife is always quick to tell me about a new alert on Ring. Yet even though she’s the worried one I can’t get her to stop leaving her car in the driveway with the garage door opener in it. Smh.

Top Bottom