Pearl's Generic Talk

I might have had a couple of bites of a clif bar and half a bottle of gatorade. I was more focused on being composed and funny while everyone was packing up. I had a whole bunch of crap to munch on afterwards.

You need to be powering up immediately after you're done. I'll give you some special Witches Brew one of these days to try. Eat immediately, then an hour later eat something with substance. And drink a quart of water in between. Vomiting optional.

I was kinda half-clicking stuff and when I read his post I just assumed I was reading the sticker thread.

Presumably he just went ass over elbows on one of those logs he likes to run into.

I also got stung by a bee in my calf during the gnar mooch tour. Before I google; Why do bee stings itch?

So yesterday was an eye opener. Didn't feel as strong as I thought I would trying to chase the King around the Sourlands hills. Granted I'm probably chasing someone I shouldn't, but that just makes you stronger :getsome: Dustin was still sore as shit from the 40 and we/he probably bit off more than we should have for a first ride back. My new goal is to climb Hollow Rd in the Sourlands and not blow up.

Screw you, its only a ~500 foot climb but its steady and for 3 miles.

I remember the first time we sprinted up this hill and it didn't seem too bad. That was probably because we were all so siked on chasing each other up that damn thing to impress JimV. This time I tried to stay seated and keep a steady pace at 16-17MPH. At about the half way mark, the King puts it from 20% effort to 50% and blew by me with ease. I blew up twice.

Ended up logging around 33 miles and it was a good day overall.

i think you did pretty well homie,,hit me up anytime:D

taste delicious.

Live from some other state:

tumblr_l6ybyz1lHh1qc3buto1_500.jpg

taste delicious.

I’m going mental.

Live from some other state:

tumblr_l6yf99GJFa1qc3buto1_500.jpg

I’m going mental. 21 minute phone call that never wants to end.

Last edited:
Chimney Rock
tumblr_l6yx3yflar1qcbqqqo1_500.jpg

My gloves smelled like rotten eggs since I left them and my dirty jersey from the GnarMooch ride in my bin, sealed to bake in the 100 degree in car heat. Coming here after the Allamuchy ride was interesting because I always felt really challenged at the rock. I think now that I have a new outlook on crazy unrideable rock gardens, This place is much more tame (in perspective ;))

If your dirty gloves smell really bad, wear them anyway. ESI Grips + no gloves = suicide. They were all wet and moist from my sweaty hands.

Being cold during social rides
Now that I probably ride for fun 9 out of 10 times, I never really thought about warming up. Yesterday I rushed to CR, changed, put my front tire on and I was off. We jumped right onto climbing the blue trail. Holy shit, I felt like a bag of bricks. So my question to you is, Do you do any sort of stretch/warm up before a social ride? It's for fun, so I'm not going to do a pre-ride before I jump into the trail. Maybe we should just stop climbing the blue trail out of the parking lot.

No headache!
Didn't have a headache today. I would say I put in a decent effort on the climbing. downed 40 oz of Powerade and had one of those Powerbar TRIPLE THREAT HUNGRY FIGHTER bars. That isn't what they are really called. They are sure delicious though. I didn't listen to Norm and eat something directly after.

33x19 = not great everywhere
Sure I can clean most of the things in the area, but I think I realized that this gear is only for Six Mile/Allaire. I find myself standing way too much when I climb. I'm going to try the 20t in the back at some more hilly places and come back with a answer.

I didn't listen to Norm and eat something directly after.

Eat/drink something right after, then again in an hour. Sometimes I eat a PBJ right after my recovery drink. I'm really trying to get you to eat/drink more, not less.

I'll have to give those bars a try. I (obviously) buy cases at a time. So I like to switch it up.

I was craving some delicious meal at home. I pictured you yelling me as I drove straight home and didn't eat anything.

I have an extra one I didn't eat. It's in my trunk right now. It probably hasn't melted yet. I could ship you it.

I was craving some delicious meal at home. I pictured you yelling me as I drove straight home and didn't eat anything.

I have an extra one I didn't eat. It's in my trunk right now. It probably hasn't melted yet. I could ship you it.

I misunderstood what you were saying. So yes, I was yelling at you in spirit. If it wasn't a hard ride then no big deal. But if it's hard enough that drink right after the ride isn't going to kill your appetitie for when you get home.

Maybe you could just send me 1 bite.

Back
Top Bottom