Music

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
i've been listening to my old mp3's recently instead of spotify anad stuff, going down memory lane, the nostalgia is real.
always a sucker for live versions:

love seeing all the 40+ people in the audience getting ROWDY

this was also a vibe for a while

Alexvvv

This is an interesting post. Glad to see so many friends who like music like me. I like riding a bike with Spotify playing. And I find many MP3 players do not support Spotify. I have found some free Spotify recorder. Have you used them?

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My haul this weekend from my guy Gino at Penny Lane Records.
B35C8F12-12BB-4EA2-A4D1-5B692C17BF28.jpeg

49CDD4DB-9E16-4D80-9218-5C435757EBC7.jpeg
Could have easily been twice as much, but gotta leave a reason to go back, ya?

I was very psyched about the Bromberg album. He’s been tracking it down for me for a couple of months now, and my number finally came up.

Well that got the coveted position of the Saturday night dinner platter.
On the second track, I experienced a great deal of disorientation.
Pretty sure Mrs Manic thought I was having a stroke.
Why?
Okay, Bromberg is a folk/bluegrass/country/rock n roll fella, but there was something way too familiar.

It was just really disorienting hearing this familiar riff being played live in some late 60’s folk venue.
https://www.whosampled.com/sample/1401/Beastie-Boys-Johnny-Ryall-David-Bromberg-Sharon/

don

And tonight, putting a new to me subwoofer through the paces.

View attachment 155582

I just started listening to this podcast on the history of the Beastie Boys: https://nodogsinspace.libsyn.com/website/beastie-boys-pt-i-hardcore-new-york

I finished the 5 part episode on DK's which was great and so far the Beastie Boys has been great so far. I bought their Pollywog Stew album not long after the Licensed to Ill LP came out so it's great to hear about their earlier years and influences.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I just started listening to this podcast on the history of the Beastie Boys: https://nodogsinspace.libsyn.com/website/beastie-boys-pt-i-hardcore-new-york

I finished the 5 part episode on DK's which was great and so far the Beastie Boys has been great so far. I bought their Pollywog Stew album not long after the Licensed to Ill LP came out so it's great to hear about their earlier years and influences.
Right on, added to the playlist- thanks!

And I mentioned it earlier, but I highly recommend the Beastie Boy Book to all fans. Same arc as the movie, but goes deeper.
And it’s awesone listening to the albums after reading the behind the scenes of the making-
They tell a little bit about each song.

And my intro was Licensed.
Wasn’t sure how it would hold up, but so many memories attached to it, and I could just listen to those bounce beats (808’s?) all day long.
Sounded awesome with the new sub.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I just finished watching a doc on the making of Physical Graffiti and yeah, I need that on vinyl.

For these albums that have been reissued a gajillion times, I cruise over to the Steve Hoffman site to see what are decent pressings.
Not looking for the best, moreso just try to steer away from the crappy ones.
One of the takeaways is that the re-issues from the 80’s are pretty well received. Okay cool.

Then cruise over to Discogs to see what’s in the market.
I’m zeroing I’m on a few, but let me just check the basement first.

Lo and behold, there’s a copy I bought in probably 1987- cool!
CA8F02CF-608A-4518-BD70-A35375052AB1.jpeg
Die cut cover, insert, all in very good condition. Right on!

Check in to Discogs to log it to the collection, and it looks like it’s my most valuable album. Current market and condition is probably around $100.
Lol.
Good investment teenage me!

But yeah, I’m just gonna spin it until the grooves are flat.

mwlikesbikes

Just heard the news yesterday that the legendary Vintage Vinyl in Fords is closing on July 31st.
Looks like I need to stop in there real soon.

Last edited:

Cassinonorth

Just heard the news yesterday that the legendary Vintage Vinyl in Fords is closing on July 31st.
Looks like I need to stop in there real soon.

So many cool little shows, signings, RSD's, days killing a few hours there. Shame. Don't collect records like I did when I was 20 but have a few kicking around. May have to throw one on in solidarity tonight.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Mary's dress sways.....

I think i was in the waves camp.
Plays also does not rhyme with waves. so there is that, although not a requirement.

@MMuller

Last edited:
Top Bottom