Music

Captain Brainstorm

Ha I had to Google him - awesome! Funny how so many of these 80s hair bands had amazing guitar players
There was some serious talent there. The 80's Hair Metal is my secret guilty pleasure. My all time favorite guys from that era are George Lynch, Nuno, and Warren DiMartini. The opening riff to Lay it Down may be the best riff in all of hair metaldom. And word has it that George Lynch, who lives in Arizona, is a really good mountain biker. I knew a guy who ran into him on the trail out there once, followed him for a while, and says that he has some serious skills.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Mind you, these songs are 20+ years old but I know what you listen to is 40-50 years old. 😛

@jimvreeland would have been present around this era, but I think more metal heavy.

We were well in the scene at that point. Like '95-'05 we played with every hard-core band ever. Those were good times.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This song has a throwback sound with memphis guitar and soulful voice. It has a feel-good vibe even when things go to shit.
Thank you Yola.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Your 2020

Most played Album

For me and its a recent release
20201227_124045.jpg
Not for you if you can't handle 6 songs over 1:45 play time :)

This has again been only recently but I can tell you this and already a classic still is an absolutely wonderful album. I think up for grammy IIRC.
Screenshot_20201227-124147_Spotify.jpg

But the tried and true absolutely best thing thats happened over here at Spotify
FU haters!!! 355 live mins.
Deadheads are winning the Spot :)20201227_124101.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
You should try Dicks Pics then vols 1-36
127 hours of GD then maybe you'll like music instead of the stuck in the lousiest decade of music. I can maybe come up with enough bands from the 80s on one hand that I may listen to, but it would be hard.

Believe it or not I went to 2 dead concerts in the 70s. God awful!

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was planning on waiting to pick this up (and buying from a Record shop), but then Amazon dynamic pricing dropped $8
290ECCEA-20F7-4F53-8895-BA63113D0FAD.jpeg

AB19B6EE-29A6-465C-B026-6C22412D3A48.jpeg

9EB3A1A2-F711-42BD-913C-D5C5F8D58735.jpeg

Edit: to be clear, I still do a lot to support Record stores.
On one of my last stops to the local, dudeman asked “are all these for you?”
#Awkward
I stopped going weekly.
For the most part.

Last edited:
Top Bottom