Music

HenryK

What the hell, I've gotten addicted to this band. Nightwish Live wacken 2013, Song of myself. Whole damn concert set is great.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I recently found a gaping hole in my music collection- No Otis! (Notis?)

Before I go full send getting his albums on vinyl, I figured I’d audition them first.
Found a great deal on this 12-cd box set- all his studio albums and a few live ones.
68E70037-9424-4BC3-AF18-33E1C725C12E.jpeg

Love this style CD box set- sleeves matching the original album covers and discs have the original vinyl labels- much less shelf space than jewel cases, and love the album art.
0F5D86C8-6DCF-49F3-A86C-8D3579309F2D.jpeg
Just arrived today, already on the third disc.
And yeah, I’ll probably get all the vinyls anyway...

Edit: if anyone is interested, here’s the link: Otis Redding Soul Manifesto
Coupon code THANKS10 brings it to $44 shipped

Last edited:

MMuller

Hate to promo here but needing to get some people or may get canceled. I'm doing this nice show at The Vogel in Red Bank. Awesome sounding venue. I got together Steely Dan guitarist and music director Jon Herington, Bob Dylan's bassist and music director Tony Garnier, Southside's music director keyboardist Jeff Kazee, and killing drummer from Paris Monster and now John Scofield Josh Dion. We're doing a sideman in the round sort of thing. 3 mini sets of our own material or things that influenced us in our careers, then a 4th set of music from our bosses, Springsteen, Dan, Dylan and Southside. Should be a really nice show. Please come if you can. Tell some friends. Thanks!
https://thebasie.org/events/vogel-sidemen-12-3-21/

2021-12-03-Sidemen-Center-Stage-DEC-3-VOGEL-INSTAGRAM.jpg

Last edited:

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hate to promo here but needing to get some people or will get canceled. I'm doing this at The Vogel in Red Bank. Awesome sounding venue. I got together Steely Dan guitarist and music director Jon Herington, Bob Dylan's bassist and music director Tony Garnier, Southside's music director keyboardist Jeff Kazee, and killing drummer from Paris Monster and now John Scofield Josh Dion. We're doing a sideman in the round sort of thing. 3 mini sets of our own material or things that influenced us in our careers, then a 4th set of music from our bosses, Springsteen, Dan, Dylan and Southside. Should be a really nice show. Please come if you can. Tell some friends. Thanks!
https://thebasie.org/events/vogel-sidemen-12-3-21/

View attachment 171640
This sounds cool Marc. I'm babysitting the baby that nite but if can sneak out I'm in..

Mtbdog

Recently released dead show footage from the legendary 1977 tour

Just listened to the Scarlett Begonias/Fire on the Mountain /Good Lovin' jam at about the 1:50:00 mark. Did dancing bear for 25 minutes, true essence of a classic Dead show. Thanks. Can you put the dancing bear on Strava? lol

MMuller

Recently released dead show footage from the legendary 1977 tour

My 1st show was 73. Saw all the John Scher shows until around 79 when I went to see Jeff Beck and went "Whoa...." On to Miles and beyond after that. But indeed, those 70s show, Dead and Jerry's solo projects of that era, were magic. Especially to a young teenage musician. Brother Steve took this in March 73 Nassau.

jerry.jpg

Top Bottom