Mercer County Park Conditions

Mark S

Never busy. I ride there several times a week. Usually I cross paths with 1 or 2 riders but I’m there midday since I’m an retired antique.

TAS

Mick & I ran the brush hog on Thursday morning. We cleared the section of Van Nest off Hughes drive as it was getting pretty tight. We also cleared a downed tree on a side trail. No chain saws. Damm it was HOT! Took about 40 minutes to get it trimmed out so we could cut.

IMG_0589.jpg

Did I mention that it was HOT????? I was hot and out of water.... Arrrrggghhhh. But done.
IMG_0595.jpg

TAS

TAS

Rode this morning before 9 and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! Was getting warm on the way out about 12. I cleaned up the downed tree on Orange (Van Nest) along the creek and made it a log over until we can remove it .. or maybe not? The creek has overflowed in the usual spots so wet feet are a possibility!
FYI The red trail East of East Picnic area is under water.. Don't even bother to look.
Tom

Before
fullsizeoutput_d03.jpeg

Aft'a and yes there is a log on the other side
fullsizeoutput_d01.jpeg

BONUS Pic! I was able to get a picture of the Neowise F3 comet this morning @ 4:46AM. So I thought I would share it here. Get out there and look for this beautiful icy visitor!
Light_Preview_Neowise F3Ne_1sec_Bin1_29.7C_gain131_2020-07-12_043719.jpg
!

ErikAtTheW

Rode Mercer County Park today. Trails seem to be in great shape!
There was a tree down on the Orange Trail out near Quakerbridge Road. Wish I could give you a better location....
Mercer County Park.jpeg

I'm going back out there tomorrow so I will get a better location....

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
For the regulars, is there anything in van nest and over by the tennis center to avoid? Taking the NICA kids there Saturday.

carvegybe

There is a windy section of the path along the river towards van nest that has eroded edges, which are also a bit overgrown and the kids might not see the edge - can potentially end up in the water if not careful. Regarding the tree down, it's a bit further east from what's shown above, but can easily walk bike over or less easily ride over so not a problem. Now that I think about it I seem to recall the eroded edge is just west of the fallen tree.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
There is a windy section of the path along the river towards van nest that has eroded edges, which are also a bit overgrown and the kids might not see the edge - can potentially end up in the water if not careful. Regarding the tree down, it's a bit further east from what's shown above, but can easily walk bike over or less easily ride over so not a problem. Now that I think about it I seem to recall the eroded edge is just west of the fallen tree.
Ok, thanks

Big Al

Did a little ride around the park today. Cut out one tree on red between West picnic and the marina. Some overgrowth and some trees down here and there but overall, it's in pretty good shape.
IMG_20200801_115344.jpg
IMG_20200801_121019.jpg
IMG_20200801_121032.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions