Mercer County Park Conditions

Dictatorsaurus

I rode Clayton today and it was great aside from a few wet spots. Since Mercer does not drain as well as Clayton, has anyone been there lately that could tell us what conditions the trails are in?

Pointboy

I rode mercer yesterday and its a mixed bag. The trails that are not flooded are bone dry, not even soft. I avoided the area near the damn as you can see the lake is still over flowing onto the trail there. Also if you want to get to the boat house side of the park be prepared to ride through about 1 to 2 feet of water as the stream crossing out of the east parking lot is flooded. I would say there are still plenty of trails in great shape that you can peice together for a decent ride. The water levels may be lower today.

Dictatorsaurus

Most of the sections were great last weekend. After the recent rainfall they might still be wet. If anyone goes up there this weekend please give us an update.

Rocks & Water

Mercer 3/27/2010

Got there sat. afternoon down by the dam is still wet. Most tails were good to go, but not bone dry. The thorns were pushed down on the trails pretty good in some places.

Ez-E

I rode Mercer Friday, I didn't even bother going near the tennis courts or the otherside of the lake as I know it does get wet. I also avoided the area behind the dam. You can still put together a decent ride. It is going to take at least 3 weeks before the area near the dam gets close to being normal.

Ez-E

I rode the area near the boathouse and power lines up to the tennis court and then back towards the damn, just didn't ride behind the damn.

Ez-E

Rode Mercer 4/15 just go get a quick ride in before hitting the gym. Most of the trails are dry now. The only issue is that the water that is laying in areas, causing a lot of mosquito's.

Pointboy

Rode Mercer 4/15 just go get a quick ride in before hitting the gym. Most of the trails are dry now. The only issue is that the water that is laying in areas, causing a lot of mosquito's.

Yeah Trails are good, mosquitos are out of control - just keep riding, dont stop!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Rode mercer this morning and conditions were ok on the boathouse side. Only rode the first section of the red on the other side, so can't say about the rest. Still alot of moisture in the soil, but mostly everything I rode was firm. Lots of blow downs and low bridges behind the damn and come back towards the picnic areas. One cool new (have not been there in awhile) log ride, which strangely was cut down, but I am assuming it was legit since the trunk was pretty hollowed out, so it would have fallen any ways. Also, a new or recut trail over by the tennis courts is looking good.

Message for the people doing illegal trail work here:

If you are gonna try and build rollers, 1. pick a good location and 2. make it look like you have half of an idea of how the hell to build a f'ing roller. I have a good idea of one of persons (or at least who they associate with) doing some of the work there and ironically they associate with a shop that associates itself with some of the work there. Go figure.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

Right where all of those other ones are when you first come into the woods on the way towards the bmx pit. You can't miss it and it is near the one longer on that is right on the edge of the powerline/gas line cut. It is a nice round tree and then branches off to the right. Pretty fun.

Last edited:

Sjorge3442

was there today. From what i rode (7 mile loop) its was dry except one spot, but it was thick mud, which is probably always there.

MSH

How quickly does Mercer recover from rain?

It's supposed to rain for a bit tonight, and then it's clear all day tomorrow, think it would be safe to ride tomorrow without messing up the trail?

rquinn19

How quickly does Mercer recover from rain?

It's supposed to rain for a bit tonight, and then it's clear all day tomorrow, think it would be safe to ride tomorrow without messing up the trail?

From my experience Mercer doesn't do too well draining, but who knows?

It poured hard at my house earlier and it didn't even rain at my kids school 5 miles away. My sons baseball game was played while my daughters was canceled (all in the same township). Just keep an eye on the radar or see if a local chimes in.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions