Mercer County Park Conditions

TAS

Mick & I remediated all blockages with one exception. Yellow & Orange are clear. The large oak on Red near the lake will be attended to at a later date. There is sufficient space there to go around.
Here are some pics of todays work. We forgot the JORBA sign so we used our hats!

TAS

Attachments

• IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0057.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 124

Rusty

Trails are all clear, however do be careful. Things are still creaking and falling (example, a huge treetop broke off and fell about 50 feet away from me while moving that vine on the volleyball entrance yesterday). There are a few leaners/widowmakers that are scary out there.

Work you guys did is amazing - in volume and expediency. Well done Tom, Mick and Al!

TAS

Great work, Tom & Mick. Did a loop yesterday (skipped upper blue). Looks pretty good. Two trees still down on lakeside. I took care of a couple little things. View attachment 131204View attachment 131205View attachment 131206View attachment 131207
Al...Totally forgot about that one near the log-over on Yellow! I was more preoccupied with the monsters. Those two big oak trees on Red by the lake are low priority for now as they can be ridden around. I will be out there tomorrow and nibble at them to make it easier to get around.

TAS

TAS

Trails are all clear, however do be careful. Things are still creaking and falling (example, a huge treetop broke off and fell about 50 feet away from me while moving that vine on the volleyball entrance yesterday). There are a few leaners/widowmakers that are scary out there.

Work you guys did is amazing - in volume and expediency. Well done Tom, Mick and Al!
Yes! PLEASE be mindful that there are widow makers and big branches still hung up. We just have to let nature run its course and hopefully the next T storms will drop them. Some of them are tree tops that have "ripped" and are still attached. They are really difficult and dangerous to remove. Sometimes the only recourse is to remove the entire tree which none of us really want to do if we can help it.

TAS

blackburn1973

Y
Heads up....large tree down blocking red trail behind tennis courts, it is right before uphill slalom and impacts both trailheads. Recent fall. Be careful of those widowmakers.
Yeah, was surprised by that one today as we haven't had any really weather in last week but there are so many trees in there that are hanging by a thread it's not a surprise. Impressed it managed to block both trails, though.

TAS

Y

Yeah, was surprised by that one today as we haven't had any really weather in last week but there are so many trees in there that are hanging by a thread it's not a surprise. Impressed it managed to block both trails, though.
Yup It sure did block both. Hopefully the park guys will get this one. There were some pretty intense "Hit or Miss" T storms that came thru the last few days. I think Mercer got the "hit".
TAS

fullsizeoutput_ce0.jpeg

TAS

Rode the south side on Wed. Van Nest to East Picnic and Blue along the lake to the rowing center, SOB, Grail Trail back to Van Nest.
A large tree is down across Orange next to the creek. The Red trail also has a tree down (above post). Got the low bridge on the Grail trail cleared
I also cleared two trees on Yellow.
See attache pic's
Blue trail 1st, Last 4 are yellow

I was really surprised at the amount of trees down just this week.
TAS

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_cda.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_cda.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 106
  • fullsizeoutput_cdd.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_cdd.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 99
  • fullsizeoutput_ce3.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_ce3.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 103
  • fullsizeoutput_cd7.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_cd7.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 106
  • fullsizeoutput_cd4.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_cd4.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 101
Is there still a trail that goes all the way around the lake? I used to ride there a long time ago and there was definitely a loop trail around the lake.

TAS

Pretty good size tree down on upper blue. Near the corn field. Beautiful day though.
View attachment 133535View attachment 133536
Thanks for the heads up Al...I was out there today and never made it to blue north. ( But thats another post!) I think I know where this tree is. It has been giving me a bad vibe every time I rode past it!. Mick & I are running the hog tomorrow. Perhaps we can tackle this if we have time.

blackburn1973

Did you notice the two bikes hanging from the tree? Is that normally there?

-Erik
Yup, abstract art project. The rusted out one has been there for a while but the black, swag full suspension frame is a relatively new addition (last couple months). Part of me wants a pile of bikes added to the project - but the other part of me thinks it just devolves into a junkyard.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions