Jungle Habitat, Who's In?

Pokgirl

Spork
IN, preregistered.

Rode it yesterday. Holy cow, that was fun! It is a really hard and fun challenge, but do I have to step it up to race pace? That could lead to some hurting!! I guess the #1 goal is to stay upright! Will worry about the rest if I have the opportunity.

Someone sent this video of Jungle Habitat to me. Really cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgBoFjrstXw

Warner Brothers "Jungle Habitat" was a drive through Safari Theme Park in West Milford NJ. This was photographed on 8mm film in the mid 1970's. The video is silent with background music. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_Habitat

kimrey

Thanks to Eileen's encouragement I'm in - beginner 30-39. Be nice to me oh mighty Jungle this is my first race ever. Time to figure out tunes for the pre-race iPod listen. Barbara Streisand or Neil Diamond?

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
Is there really a donkey in the woods? They are so adorable, I hope I don't see him in my race cause I may have to stop and say hello!
I wonder what Donkey's eat? Great now I have to carry food for him too :mad2:

Hew Haw ... :)

There is a donkey very close. It resides at Gaglianos at that Skytop Recycling yard. At night you can hear him quite well.

gtluke

The Moped
wait really? when we rode it last week i heard this noise that i swear was some kind of elephant or something. we all laughed and said it was a lion.

Pokgirl

Spork
I'm in! Can't wait, JH is always a good time :D

Gerilynn - Wait a minute... bikereg has you listed as a man! Did Mixmasta do that?

I was laying in bed thinking about all the traffic in the singletrack. It was great when it was just Shasta and me. On Sunday, oh boy!

Am I excited, or am I scared? What is this feeling? Is there an icon for this emotion? :confused: Just hoping I can hold it together!

Gerilynn

Gerilynn - Wait a minute... bikereg has you listed as a man! Did Mixmasta do that?

I was laying in bed thinking about all the traffic in the singletrack. It was great when it was just Shasta and me. On Sunday, oh boy!

Am I excited, or am I scared? What is this feeling? Is there an icon for this emotion? :confused: Just hoping I can hold it together!

Yea, he pre-registered us for the race at the same time and forgot to change the race catergory for me. I will fix it Sunday morning.

Yea, the traffic in the singletrack should be interesting... I have my game plan;) and like you said, you just have to hold it together and you should do great!

Last edited:

Pokgirl

Spork
Yea, the traffic in the singletrack should be interesting... I have my game plan;) and like you said, you just have to hold it together and you should do great!

Plan? Plan? I have no plan!! Aaaahhhh!! :)

Here's a plan: race expert and have the trail for myself.... way in the back! That is until the pros catch up!

Nimrod

Out.

"Saving it" for the VT 50 next week

Although I am considering dressing up in my Black Bear costume (again), then hiding in the woods waiting for Mountain bikers to ride by.

Last edited:

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You might want to watch that bear costume thing. We saw one just off of Warthog on Wednesday afternoon. Wouldn't want to be mistaken for Mrs Bear.

kimrey

I've only ridden the trail once and was mostly fine with my ol' hard tail. There are some rocky sections that were nasty when wet, but wet is wet whether on a hard tail or soft.

I will be using chamois butt'r though as there was enough bouncing around on the saddle to move the chamois more than I wanted.

I'll be riding hard tail, then again it's my only option.

scotth

Is this place right down the street from Ringwood? I've never been to Jungle Habitat, the directions from the site place it not much farther than Ringwood. I'm in for Sunday. Take Care.

Regards,
Scott

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for the help

I'd ride a dually if you have a choice. A few of the rocky sections are a bitch. The climbs are fairly rock to boot. I'm not a hardtail kind of guy so take what I say with a grain of salt. (but I'm right this time:D). See you out there tomorrow. Good luck.

Top Bottom