Jungle Habitat, Who's In?

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I'd ride a dually if you have a choice. A few of the rocky sections are a bitch. The climbs are fairly rock to boot. I'm not a hardtail kind of guy so take what I say with a grain of salt. (but I'm right this time:D). See you out there tomorrow. Good luck.

dito :)

kimrey

If I had a dually I would have kicked myself for leaving it home today. Leisure ride on a hard tail is not quite the same as a race on a hard tail through that stuff. I'm beat. What a blast!

mwlikesbikes

I didn't have to kick myself for leaving the dually at home, the rocks did a thorough enough I'll thank you! :mad2:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hardtail or dualie or full rigid or big wheel, anyone who missed this race should kick themselves for missing it. I love this course. It may have tossed me OTB and sliced my new tires which had been ridden exactly 0 times before today. But I still love this course!

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Ouch!

Hardtail or dualie or full rigid or big wheel, anyone who missed this race should kick themselves for missing it. I love this course. It may have tossed me OTB and sliced my new tires which had been ridden exactly 0 times before today. But I still love this course!

Norm,
Tommy had a DNF today with a broken crank arm so he was forced to watch part of the race from the side of the trails. He had said you riding good and kickin' it in the tech stuff.
Tommy and I both rode our hardtails, I was kickin' too ... right in my own ass for leaving my Epic full suspension home :mad2: I did manage a 4th place finish. Awesome, tough course with alot of rocks ... I felt everyone.

RC ... :)

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
True that, the course was FUN!! Not too fast, unless your Roger Foco;) This was the first race where my arms are sore and my legs are not, I'm gonna go jump on the road bike to earn my recovery day tomorrow. It's also the second time I came in 7th, am I lucky number 7 now? Good seeing all the MTBNJ homies reppin' deep. And Congrats to Will, Ben, Roger, Ellen and whoever else may have podiumed today:D

-Jim.

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
Thar race killed! It even killed the entire 15-18 junior expert men field, since I was the only one left standing by the end of the race.

This first place today locked a series win for me! :getsome::getsome:

pinkshirtphotos

so pissed i missed it. i am sorry i couldnt make it. i had a rough weekend and my mind couldnt be focused on riding bikes at all. i couldnt even do a 5 mile road ride safely. hope noone ran into the bear with the collar. i though west milford had leash laws.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Great time, perfect weather, good vibes and that newest addition of trail, the part that linked up with Lower Dumptruck...kickin'! :D

S

seabass

Wow, tough course and I had a less than ideal day of it. Anyway, such is mountain biking.
Not sure if he uses this forum but I just wanted to say thanks to the team Bulldog expert singlespeeder (Rob Witte?).
I owe you a beer, cheers.

xc62701

He doesn't frequent but his lady does. If not I'll spread the word anyway. Hope everyone had a good time. It was great helping out and watching everyone beating themselves up on the course.

S

seabass

Thanks Ryan,
Forgot to mention the team Marty's chap too who also deserves thanking, cheers, a beer for you too.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Great day for me. I managed to get the same 4th place in 30-34 sport as I did at ringwood. Thankfully, no mechanicals. I did take a header over the sideways log, but I was underway again in a few seconds. The new and very tight section was awesome. After hitting trees on both pre-rides I managed to make it though clean on both laps.

Nathan and Luke were down by the little jump and got some awesome pictures. Im sure they will post links as soon as they get them uploaded.

PlayAllDay

Wow, tough course and I had a less than ideal day of it. Anyway, such is mountain biking.
Not sure if he uses this forum but I just wanted to say thanks to the team Bulldog expert singlespeeder (Rob Witte?).
I owe you a beer, cheers.

Hi seabass,
I'll pass this on to Rob- hope you had a kickass race. :p

Nathan Crisman

Nathan and Luke were down by the little jump and got some awesome pictures. Im sure they will post links as soon as they get them uploaded.

Cards are downloading as I type. Hoping to get much of it edited and uploaded tonight. (have fridays wedding to edit and album to design before the couple gets home from sort honeymoon, so MTB picks gotta take the back seat)

Im going to go a little light on the editing and correction, normally I try to make every shot mint before uploading, but it takes forever. I don't have forever anymore with the day job, so Ill be doing the "perfecting" as images are bought. Plus I gotta edit & correct Luke's 500+ files too I guess.:confused:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cards are downloading as I type. Hoping to get much of it edited and uploaded tonight. (have fridays wedding to edit and album to design before the couple gets home from sort honeymoon, so MTB picks gotta take the back seat)

Im going to go a little light on the editing and correction, normally I try to make every shot mint before uploading, but it takes forever. I don't have forever anymore with the day job, so Ill be doing the "perfecting" as images are bought. Plus I gotta edit & correct Luke's 500+ files too I guess.:confused:

Hey since im your boss now, I'll let you work on mountain biking during your lunch hour. :D

RNG1

Man everyone that raced that course today earned their stripes. I don't ever remembering doing a race that I had to lie down on my back as soon as it was over. Not blaming a hardtail but do I ever have a reason to get another set of wheels. 2x OTB today but thankfully no real damage, except for the 1st time where my shoe fell off and then another guy went otb and practically landed on me while I was still trying to get my shoe?1:confused: Never had that happen either. Great battle (for 9th place!) with Alex and Stickle, I would finally get ahead then crash and have to do it all over again, honestly it really kept me motivated. Overall great event, well organized, can say now that I enjoyed it. Fumble in the Jungle!

Top Bottom