Jungle Habitat, Who's In?

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm in, I ride that place at least once a week, it's my favorite ride.

I'm actually going today after work, is the course marked yet & if not, can someone tell me which way you guys are running it & I can probably figure out the rest.

Check out Ben's post above for the MB link; from what I here this should be pretty close. It'll start in the parking lot and head thru the tunnel.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm in. Anyone else planning on pre-riding early Saturday morning?

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Yepper...

Last year I won the 35+ Women's class as a beginner, in the Sport class this year the riders are much stronger, faster and race is longer. On Saturday Tommy and I will be racing in a Cyclocross race in PA, this is a big cross race with over 200 riders pre-entered already. Rumble is my favorite H2H races, I am thinking about riding my hardtail on Sunday. This is a awesome course and should not be missed!

RC ... :)

kimrey

Not to be a downer, but wear bug spray and do a thorough post-ride tick check. I found a tick on the inside of my arm shortly after riding there last Sunday. Felt crummy so I went to the doctor, had blood tests done - came back today positive for lyme disease.

Loved the course. May try to make it up, even if it's just to cheer others on.

Oh and watch out for the donkey - I thought I was the only ass on the trail.

walter

Fourth Party
Not to be a downer, but wear bug spray and do a thorough post-ride tick check. I found a tick on the inside of my arm shortly after riding there last Sunday. Felt crummy so I went to the doctor, had blood tests done - came back today positive for lyme disease.

That must have been some super juice in that tick.

Seriously, that is really quick. Is it possible you had it already?

And no, I will not be racing in the jungle this weekend.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Feel better ...

http://www.medicinenet.com/lyme_disease/article.htm#

This site has the symptoms with a slide show, it was gross, but shows what the bite from the tick looks like, yuck!

RC ... :eek:

kimrey

may have been an Allamuchy tick that escaped my notice - I was at the mooch from 7:30 am to 8:00 pm for the fest and Jungle on Sunday - I assumed it was from the Jungle, but have been informed that there are a lot more ticks in Morris county.

NJMX835

Race Loop as of today:
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=6793883

The course is very similar to last year, some of the new trails have been added where they fit. There are still a few tricks that will be uncovered Sunday am. The "new" single track section that is tight and off camber is not going to be changed. It is what it is, cut down your bars now.

I lost track of how many trees I clipped going through that section today.... I loved it, kinda' like pinball except you're the ball :D

Great course man, you put pretty much all my favorite trails in there & a couple sections I didn't even know existed!

NJMX835

:eek:

Loved the course. May try to make it up, even if it's just to cheer others on.

Oh and watch out for the donkey - I thought I was the only ass on the trail.

Sorry to hear about that man, I plucked one off my leg in the car on the way home from there a couple months ago, thought it was a scab until I held my hand up & it was crawling up my finger! :eek:

Just missed the donkey today, but a bunch of other folks saw it, lot of riders out there today pre-riding, never saw so many riders there before.

Hope you feel better soon!

RNG1

I'm in, man Pix you seem really fired up for this one!
I was out there on Wed which was a beautiful day but I left thinking this was going to be a tough one.

NJ Jess

In

I'm registered,...great fun course and a bit of surprise in the amount of gradual climbing. Any preview on the T shirts?

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Race Loop as of today:
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=6793883

The course is very similar to last year, some of the new trails have been added where they fit. There are still a few tricks that will be uncovered Sunday am. The "new" single track section that is tight and off camber is not going to be changed. It is what it is, cut down your bars now.

MixMasta you are READY! (whenever I'm there, you're there...and probably then some).

I figure by my riding at night, as long as there's not some total eclipse, Sunday in daylight will be a breeze! :eek:

ellenserruto

IN and I hope those trees stay AWAY from my handle bars. I also hope for a Tshirt in my size so I don't have to look at my son wearing it for a change.

Sprintzer

Havtment on sunday at 2. Its down in west caldwell. Maybe i can make the beginner race and still have time to shower and shave prior to it. I rode there wednesday as well. VERY interesting. I was admiring the rock sculpture in the "hairpin / chicane" section and ate a root. It was fantastic. I love explaining bruises to a non riding wife.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
MixMasta you are READY! (whenever I'm there, you're there...and probably then some).

I figure by my riding at night, as long as there's not some total eclipse, Sunday in daylight will be a breeze! :eek:

I have to be there so much to figure out the trails that you made! Its going to be an interesting race, there seems to only be a few spots to pass in there......

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Just missed the donkey today, but a bunch of other folks saw it

Is there really a donkey in the woods? They are so adorable, I hope I don't see him in my race cause I may have to stop and say hello!
I wonder what Donkey's eat? Great now I have to carry food for him too :mad2:

Hew Haw ... :)

Top Bottom