July 4th AM Ride (BiscoJosh's last ride b4 Bar Exam)

B

BiscoJosh

Hey guys and gals -

So, as I said in the allaire beginner thread, I won't be able to make a Tuesday ride again until after the Bar Exam (last 3 days of July). So, my last day to ride before the exam is July 4th. I am looking to get a ride together for the AM, intermediate pace (well, uh, for me it will be beg/int when were going up his ;-) - so, Chainsaw, MIG, Dualfisted, Mike243, gtbrew, kens, Jess, and for all the rest who know me, and for all those who dont, lets get something together for July 4th in the AM before the drinking begins. I am fine w/ going to Allaire, but I am more than willing to do CR, 6 MI, Hartshorne, whatever...so lets discuss...

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BiscoJosh

oh yeah - and this is to make up for my FIVE falls from last tuesday - and me wanting to leave biking for a month on a good note!! (not to say I didnt have fun on tuesday, cause i did, but ya know - I just want to ride good for one last time)

NJ Jess

cool

I got time for a ride,..that would be fun. oh, by the way,...do you know any Bike law stuff? You could have yourself quite a nitch.

B

BiscoJosh

I got time for a ride,..that would be fun. oh, by the way,...do you know any Bike law stuff? You could have yourself quite a nitch.

Nice!! Where would you want to go Jess? In terms of Bike Law stuff - there isnt anything spcifically 'bike klaw' but there IS products liability, municipal zoning/land use, and things like that which 100% affect how and where we ride and ow our bikes effect us.

NJ Jess

anywhere

Anywhere you want to ride. We could van pool if it's far, like Ringwood, Wayway, Allamuchy.

B

BiscoJosh

I was thinking not way too north like ringwood (although - when I rode there when I was in high school, it was amazing) - was thinking more of a spot where we can all get too relatively easily and be able to have the midday - afternoon w/ the husbands, wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, family, etc...

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Anywhere you want to ride. We could van pool if it's far, like Ringwood, Wayway, Allamuchy.

i would love to ride those places but im doing a friend a favor by workin the afternoon shift so he can enjoy the day...as long as ive known him he has missed everyone of my BBQs due to working weekends and holidays but 6mile or hartshorne would be fine we can squeeze miles and fun from both places...

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I am in for allaire or maybe hartshorne in the AM I have never been there so will need a guide
for the fun bits...the AM will work also as I see storms coming in the afternoon.

B

BiscoJosh

Ive heard so many good things about 6 mile. How feasible is that in terms of location? Again, if it would just be easier for everyone to get to Allaire, I am def good with that considering my distaste for going uphill ;-)

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
that would work also they are about the same distance for me I think lets see what type of response we get....

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
No!!!!!

nothing against allaire but NO allaire...6mile is a must ride...i like allaire on tuesday lets do 6mile after this rain today if it stays dry the trail would be great...

B

BiscoJosh

nothing against allaire but NO allaire...6mile is a must ride...i like allaire on tuesday lets do 6mile after this rain today if it stays dry the trail would be great...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....ok. Like I said, I'll do 6 mile.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
dude, don't get your panties in a bunch I can do 6 mi I just need a guide....

B

BiscoJosh

too much boxed wine?

so, uh, did dustin have too much boxed wine? hahahaha.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
Cool then 6 mile it is... as I have not done this or hartshorne either will work..
just need directions or we can meet at allaire and go up from there :)

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
how to

if you are comming up the parkway or rt9 hop 287 north towards morristown take exit 1b?...Rt1 south to trenton...past RT18 and RT130...just after 130 look for cozzines lane itthere will be a midas on the corner...make a right at that light...follow down to the end to RT27 make a left...go bout a half mile or so and pull a right into the soccer field parking lot...park in the back left corner...if these suck which they prob do even though they make perfect sense to me go to the trail directory and look it up you want the 27side NOT the canal side...its in north brunswick

Top Bottom